Beats Studio Buds earbuds are exceptionally well made and very reliable, but even still sometimes they, like any electronics, can have problems, and one of the problems we hear about most is that Beats headphones won’t turn on.
Why does this happen, and what can you do about it? That’s just what I’ll cover in this article, with a few things you can try and some basic troubleshooting, all presented in a way that’s clear and easy to understand.
Why Won’t My Beats Studio Buds Earbuds Turn On?
Apple’s support pages don’t really talk so much about why your Beats Studio Buds earbuds won’t power up, but instead they cut right to the chase – that is, their standard spiel is that if you are having problems turning Beats Studio Buds earbuds on, you should just do a full factory reset, which is a simple process and will definitely solve a wide range of problems around power and charging, sound, connection and more.
There are some basic things you can check first, though. I will talk about them in some detail just below, and you might want to go through the list before you reset.
But if you do want to reset your Beats Studio Buds you simply:
- place both buds in the case and leave the case’s lid open
- press and hold down the System Button (located right between where the two buds sit) for at least 15 seconds
- You will see the LED indicator light flash red and white, letting you know that the factory reset was successful, and you can then see if the problem is resolved.
- You will then need to reconnect your Beats to your phone, PC, tablet, music player or other Bluetooth device, and maybe re-enter some settings in your Beats app.
But again, before you do a factory reset on your Beats Studio Buds earbuds, you might want to look at the section just below for some very simple things to check first.
For more detailed information on factory resetting your Beats Studio Buds, please check out our article on How To Reset Beats Studio Buds
Beats Studio Buds Earbuds Won’t Turn On? Things You Can Try
If your Beats Studio Buds aren’t powering up you might want to do some simple troubleshooting, so here are a few easy things you can check:
Are you turning them on correctly?
Beats Studio Buds true wireless headphones don’t have a normal on/off switch, but instead you just need to take them out of their case and they automatically power up and are ready to go
If you’re looking for a power button, there’s no need – they may actually already be on!
For more detailed information, please check out our article on How To Turn On Beats Studio Buds earbuds
Are your Beats Studio Buds charged?
The battery doesn’t need to be fully charged, but if it is too low your Beats Studio Buds earbuds won’t turn on, and you will need to charge them in their case before you can use them.
Is the charging case charged?
An unusual feature of the Beats Studio Buds is that they won’t connect without the case, and the case also needs at least some charge. So while the buds themselves may actually power on, it might seem like they haven’t because they are just not connecting.
Make sure the case is present and in range, just like the buds, and that it is charged
Are your Beats really charging?
Sometimes you can charge your Beats Studio Buds, or any wireless earbuds for that matter, for hours and hours, and they still won’t turn on, so you might want to make sure they are actually charging, checking that:
- the buds are securely seated in the case
- the charging cable is securely connected on both sides
- the power strip is turned on or the USB port or wall outlet actually has power
- the LED indicator on your Beats changes when you plug them in for charging – with Beats Studio Buds earbuds, the LED will flash red while charging, and then glow white when fully charged
- you are charging them long enough – Beats Studio Buds earbuds need 2 hours for a full charge, but you can safely leave them plugged in and charging for hours and hours, or overnight, to make sure
Are you sure they are really not on?
It’s possible that your Beats Studio Buds earbuds are actually on, and that you don’t know because there is no sound, so you might want to make sure that:
- the volume of your gadget – PC, phone, tablet, music player, etc – is turned up, and that the music playing software’s volume is also up
- there is something actually playing – music, movie, etc
- your Beats and your gadget are actually paired and actively connected
Please check out our article on How To Pair Beats Studio Buds earbuds
What If This Doesn’t Work?
If you’ve tried everything in the section just above and your Beats Studio Buds earbuds still aren’t turning on, you should definitely try the full factory reset, as mentioned earlier.
If that also doesn’t work, unfortunately your little buds might have a problem and you’ll need to service or replace them.
If this is the case, you can either contact the dealer from which you purchased your Beats, or go to the Beats Online Support Page.
And finally, if you’ve arrived at this article, but you actually have a different pair of Beats headphones – that is, not Beats Studio Buds, but a different model – you can go to our more general article: How To Turn On Beats Headphones: A Simple Guide.