Who makes Pyle Speakers?
Pyle is a legendary company, known for almost 60 years as one of the best and most beloved speaker manufacturers in the world.
Indeed, by the 1970s pretty much everybody had heard of the fabled Pyle Driver, and punchy, powerful Pyle speakers were becoming a bit of a status symbol, despite their low price – especially popular in cars and in guitar amplifiers.
Now, over a half-century later, the Pyle name is seen on a much wider range of products, from DVD players to security cameras and navigation systems, through both their home and professional divisions.
And if you’re wondering where Pyle is located, who makes Pyle Speakers, or where Pyle speakers are built, after 60 years Pyle USA is still an independent company, headquartered in Brooklyn, NY. And while their speakers – like so many other American, British, and European brands – are manufactured in Asia now, they are made under the strictest oversight, quality control, and testing.
And still, after all these years, their main focus is on speakers. Pyle still makes punchy, dynamic speakers which offer low prices and amazing value. Anybody who has heard the new Pyle products knows how good they are, so the real questions are:
- What kinds of speakers does Pyle Audio make?
- What is the best Pyle speaker in 2022?
- Which Pyle speakers should I buy?
That’s why we are so excited to present our review of Pyle speakers, featuring a standout choice from each of Pyle’s 5 most important current product lines in 2022:
- Home Theater
- Professional Audio
- Outdoor Speakers
- Portable/Wireless Speakers
- Car Audio
Through extensive listening tests, and the feedback and opinions of our friends, fellow audiophiles, videophiles, and musicians, as well as actual Pyle customers, we have done the homework for you, so that you can choose anyone of these products with total confidence.
Please enjoy our 2022 Buyers Guide to the 5 Best Pyle Speakers!
Pyle Speaker Reviews – Comparison Table
- 200 Watt Subwoofer with Built-in Crossover Network - Frequency Response: 150Hz - Piano Black ABS Plastic Satellite & Center Channel
- 10-Inch Long Throw Subwoofer Driver Subwoofer - 20Khz Subwoofer - Piano Black Wooden Subwoofer Enclosure Satellite Speaker
- Efficiency: 88db Speaker - Frequency Response: 50Hz - Dimensions: 6.3-Inch H x 4.7-Inch W x 3-Inch D Center Channel
- Impedance (Satellite/Center/Sub): 8 Ohm Magnetically - 330Hz Satellite/Center Speaker Size: 3-Inch - Speaker Dimensions: 3-Inch H x 9.2-Inch...
- Shielded Center Channel Satellite/Center - Subwoofer Speaker Size: 10-Inch - Subwoofer Speaker Dimensions: 14.3-Inch x 7.87-Inch x 20.6-Inch...
I know that we review a lot of fairly expensive high-end home theater speaker systems on these pages, but I also know that not everybody can afford to spend thousands of dollars on just speakers – no matter how great they sound. That’s why a company like Pyle is so exciting, offering real value and real quality. So, what is the best Pyle speaker for home theater?
Our first item on this roundup of Best Pyle Speakers is just such a bargain – the Pyle PHS51P. At a mere fraction of the price of surround speaker systems from, for example, Yamaha, Klipsch or JBL, I was honestly not expecting much from this Pyle system. But you know what they say about assumptions…
In my review of this Pyle home theater speaker system, I watched and listened to lots of short scenes and sequences from movies which I think really sound great and provide great challenges to any home theater system, and I was repeatedly impressed with what this budget speaker system was offering.
Sure, the 10 Inch Subwoofer did not have the ultimate extension of a larger, more expensive unit, but it nonetheless had plenty of bass extension, weight and impact. The must-have Blu-ray of Finding Nemo, which is incredibly well recorded and has lots of deep bass, was really impressive through the Pyle subwoofer. All thee Thor movies, available now in a cool Blu-ray 3-Pack offer some truly deep bass, and they also sound really great here, but some of the scenes did have more impact on other, often far more expensive woofers.
My favorite, and maybe the most demanding, movie for testing surround sound imaging is probably Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight (it too is available now in a nice Blu-ray 3-Pack with the rest of the trilogy), and without going into a blow-by-blow I will say that the surround imaging with the Pyle PHS51P 5.1 surround speaker system was completely immersive and believable.
With movies with lots of well recorded music, like Peter Jackson’s Amadeus (definitely get the Director’s Cut on Blu-ray), the whole system really came together into one seamless whole, with extended highs, warm and open midrange and excellent bass foundation. The whole effect was dynamic, engaging and pleasantly musical.
If price is no object, you can get a better set of home theater speakers, offering deeper bass, more volume and a more seamless and finely etched surround image. But if you are looking for a budget speaker system that really brings you out of your head and into the movie, the extremely affordable Pyle Pyle PHS51P 5.1 Surround Sound System does this better than many more expensive speaker systems, and is a clear standout in its price range.
The PHS51P is my choice, then for best Pyle home theater surround sound speakers is, and the very first honoree on our list of Best Pyle Speakers. Please read on!
Features and Specifications
- 5.1 Home Theater Surround Sound Speakers: 4 Satellites; 1 Center Channel; 1 10 Inch Subwoofer
- Satellite Speakers Magnetically Shielded to prevent interference with television and other electronics
- Frequency Response: 50 hz to 20 khz
- Sensitivity: 88 db
Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Big, full ranged sound for small money||A more complete movie experience is possible – for substantially more money|
|Impressive bass, convincing vocals and nicely extended highs|
|Good surround sound image|
|Great with music too|
- 1500 watt power: This portable high powered 2 way full range Audio projection loudspeaker pa system has a maximum power output of 1500 watt...
- 15” subwoofer 1” tweeter: This active PA speaker kit is equipped with 12” subwoofers, high performance 1” tweeters and compression...
- Compatible with Bluetooth: This pa loud speaker is compatible with Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and works with devices like...
- 6 inputs: equipped w/ a USB and SD card Reader so it can serve as an MP3 player, RCA stereo input, XLR guitar input, 1/4" Speak on input and...
- E configuration: This high powered heavy duty pa system also features a digital LCD display and rear panel Rotary dial/ button control...
Pyle is well known for making really well designed, durable and great sounding professional audio gear at low prices, and one of their most popular products among DJs, bands and sound technicians is the Pyle PPHP155ST Wireless Portable Speaker. Still, considering their prices, it is understandable that people want to know: Are Pyle pro speakers any good?
After reviewing the 155ST I would have to say absolutely they are! For not a lot of money you can get a really dynamic, bright and clear PA speaker which plays really, really loud with no strain or distortion. With a full 15 inch woofer, the 155ST provides plenty of deep, powerful bass, and the superb compression tweeter projects beautiful detail without ever sounding harsh or edgy.
The speaker drivers alone, especially in concert with their well made cabinet and well engineered crossover, would make these Pyle 155STs well worth the money, but that’s just the beginning. It has a built in amplifier with an incredible 1,500 watts peak power – plenty to fill even large spaces with ease.
What’s more, this pro Pyle speaker is totally over the top when it comes to professional features. It is really flexible, with XLR, phone plug and stereo RCA connectors, as well as micro SD, USB and Bluetooth connectivity. The speaker also has both inputs and outputs for additional speakers, a LCD display and controls for volume, mic volume, bass and treble.
And, if that all weren’t enough, it comes with a nice microphone and cable and a heavy-duty speaker stand.
This Pyle PPHP155ST loudspeaker works great with a mixing board – it matches especially well with the incredibly cool and affordable Pyle 6 Channel Bluetooth Professional Mixer – but with all these features and accessories it can also be used by itself as a portable sound system for music and musical instruments, presentations, karaoke, movies and videos and much more.
With great drivers, a big, clean amplifier, great construction and well thought out professional features, the Pyle 155-ST is easy to use and very flexible – and it works well in almost any installation and almost any room.
And the sound! Both refined and accurate and really exciting to listen to, the Pyle PPHP155ST Wireless Portable PA Loudspeaker works well with any kind of music, movies and video presentations, karaoke, parties, you name it.
Features and Specifications
- 15 inch 2 way PA Speaker System
- Built-in 750 Watt RMS, 1500 Watt Peak Amplifier
- Bluetooth; XLR Inputs & Outputs; RCA Connectors; Phone Connectors; Micro SD, USB
- LCD Display including MP3 Tag Information
- Master Volume, Mic Volume, Treble, Bass Controls
- Includes Microphone with Cable and Speaker Stand
Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Complete System – ready to go||None at This Price|
|Great Sound Quality|
|Lots of Power and Lots of Volume|
|Easy to Use|
- 500 WATT POWER: Pyle’s 500W dual indoor outdoor wall mount speaker system is what you need to listen to high-quality audio in your home,...
- QUICK-CONNECT TERMINALS: The weatherproof integrated loud speaker system features a capacitor crossover network that separates 2 channels...
- RUSTPROOF MESH GRILLS: The mountable speakers feature removable rustproof speaker grill which keeps it corrosion-free and sound...
- SUPERIOR POWERFUL SOUND: The black waterproof recessed marine speaker system features 6.5'' aluminum injection cone woofer w/ 50 oz magnetic...
- UNIVERSAL MOUNTING: The pair of speakers are stored in a rugged, heavy duty grill cabinet enclosure. Designed to be mounted horizontally or...
Our next stop in our tour of the five best Pyle speakers in 2022 is Outdoor Speaker Systems, and here we ask the question: Does Pyle make good outdoor speakers as well?
As I see it, outdoor speakers are not for critical listening. I am not going to sit down on my lawn chair and evaluate a pair of eave-mounted waterproof mini-monitors for their stereo imaging, dynamics and micro-detail. I want something much simpler from my outdoor speakers – fun, musical sound that fills my yard.
And, as I heard again and again in my review of the Pyle PDWR50 speakers, that’s exactly what they offer. With all kinds of music they are clear, punchy and sweet sounding, with surprisingly deep bass and lots of airy, effortless detail on the high end. They play quite loudly with even modest stereo systems, and can fill a pretty large outdoor area with ease.
Ok, I admit it – I did do some critical listening. I always do… And even with very fine audiophile recordings these little guys did admirably well. Pink Floyd’s The Wall, in a staggeringly good new remastering, sounded tight, clear and super powerful, with lots of punch to the kick drums, a solid and realistic guitar and bright and clean vocals. And the outrageous George Clinton’s Greatest Funkin Hits sounded as funky as it should, with really surprising bass and tons of energy and momentum.
The rustproof grills and waterproof construction, along with the included mounting brackets, make these speakers flexible and easy to mount, and very durable as well. I used good oxygen-free speaker cable for even better sound, and they really did sound great all throughout my yard.
The PDWR50 is my choice, then, for best Pyle speaker for outdoor use, and a fun, exciting and engaging little speaker that didn’t disappoint even my inner audiophile.
Features and Specifications
- 6.5 Inch Two Way Bass Reflex Mountable Speaker
- Aluminum Injection Cone Woofer with 50 Oz Magnet
- 1” High Compliance Mylar Tweeter
- Totally Waterproof
- Rustproof Grills
- High Power Handling – 500 Watts peak!
- Frequency Response: 30Hz-22kHz
- Capacitor Crossover Network
- Mounting Bracket Included
Pros and Cons:
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Great, full range sound||Not the deepest bass response – though quite good and well balanced for their size|
|Really durable, waterproof and weatherproof|
|Fun, engaging and musical sound quality|
|Project well and fill even large outdoor spaces with sound|
|Includes mounting hardware|
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: This wireless boombox speaker system features built in 2.0 Bluetooth for wireless music streaming w/ a...
- AUXILIARY INPUTS: Aside from wireless connectivity, this loud Street Blaster is also equipped w/ 3.5 millimeter Aux Input, USB slot that can...
- PORTED ENCLOSURE DESIGN: This portable outdoor Boombox is built w/ durable housing enclosure but still lightweight & it comes w/ a...
- DIGITAL SCREEN: This product is equipped w/ a digital screen & a remote control complete w/ all the necessary control buttons for easy...
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: This Stereo Speaker also features a long lasting built in rechargeable battery w/ 2000mAh capacity. It is also...
Our 4th item on this list of Best Pyle Speakers really broadcasts fun. The PBMSPG190 Portable Speaker / Music Player is chunky and cute and flashy and posh looking all at once.
And the sound is as fun as it gets – punchy bass that still reaches quite deep, bright and brilliant vocals that never have that harsh edge you can hear on even much more expensive Bluetooth speakers or portables, plenty of sizzle on the high end and lots and lots of volume and dynamic energy.
Really, it is impossible to listen to the Pyle 190 Boombox without falling into the super-engaging sound. Justin Bieber’s Boyfriend, on the deluxe Limited Edition CD/DVD, sounds like the perfectly engineered synth-pop that it is, smooth, energetic, and perfectly balanced between bright and dark sonics. Vince Staples’ heavy and brutally honest Hell Can Wait sounds perfect on the PBMSPG190, with the well-recorded voice palpable and present over bone-crushing downbeats that hit with surprising force.
With many other CDs as well The Pyle PBMSPG190 outperformed many portable speaker systems I’ve heard which were substantially more expensive. But this flashy box is also an MP3 player and has an FM radio built in, and I’m happy to say that the same fun and engaging sound quality was still there, as was the surprising refinement and fidelity, with both the radio and MP3 track – even, sometimes, lower quality files.
Any buyer’s guide of Pyle products wouldn’t be complete without a Bluetooth Pyle speaker review, and this portable system is not just a great choice for bluetooth but so much more!
In typical Pyle fashion, the PBMSPG190 has an unbelievable array of features. Inputs include a headphone jack, RCA connectors, a USB port and Bluetooth. Two 2.5 inch speakers and a 6.5 inch subwoofer are powered by a crazy 300 watts peak power for lots and lots of volume. A handy LCD display and well laid out controls make it easy to use, and the LCD light show is fun – at least for a while (fortunately, it can be turned off).
Just as a boombox, the Pyle PBMSPG190 is an unbelievable value, with tons of power, dynamic and fun sound with pop, rap and electronic music, lots of features and flexibility and tough and durable construction. And just as a Bluetooth portable speaker the 190 sounded better than much more expensive units, and proves itself equally great with Classical, Jazz, Acoustic and World Music.
Getting both – and more – in one inexpensive unit makes the PBMSPG190 a no-brainer, and an easy choice for Best Portable Speaker in our Pyle Speaker Buyer’s Guide.
Features and Specifications
- Wireless Portable Bluetooth Stereo Speaker System
- MP3 Music Player and FM Radio
- Two 2.5 inch speakers and one 6.5 inch sub-woofer
- 300 Watts Peak Power
- Connectivity Includes: Bluetooth; USB; RCA Stereo; 3.5 mm Phone; 1/4 inch Phone
- Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion 2000mAh, 11.1V Battery
- Includes Remote Control and Carrying Strap
Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Great sound with all kinds of music||At this price, nothing really – ok, the LED light show can get a little annoying, but it can be turned off…|
|Huge amounts of power and lots of volume without harshness or strain|
|Lots of features and connectivity options|
- New 2 Pairs of Pyle PLG6C 6.5" 800 Watt 2 Way Car Component Speakers
- 400 Watt Max per Pair (800 Watt per 2 Pairs)
- 200 Watt RMS per Pair (400 Watt per 2 Pairs)
- This Custom Kit Contains
- One Pair 6.5'' Mid Bass Speaker
Pyle is especially well known for car audio – long before my time they already had a long-standing reputation for big, powerful car speakers that blew away even far more expensive brands.
Today Pyle still offers an intimidatingly large and complete range of car (as well as marine and motorcycle) speakers, and they still represent an enormous value, with superb construction and durability, extreme power handling, easy and flexible installation, and – most important – that legendary Pyle sound quality: deep bass, smooth and brilliant highs, lots of punch and energy.
So, you might think that this selection in our 2022 Pyle Speakers Buyer’s Guide would be difficult, but even with all of the speakers Pyle offers, finding my choice for best car audio speaker was easy. As soon as I heard the PYLE PLG6C 6.5 inch two-way speakers I fell in love, and after extended listening with lots of different music I loved them more and more.
The PLG6C speakers are a component system, with a pair of separate 6.5 inch mid-bass drivers (usually mounted in the door), a pair of .5 inch tweeters (mounted on the dash or above the door), and two crossover units.
Full Disclosure – I listened to a pair of PLG6C speakers in conjunction with a pair of 12 inch Pyle Speakers subwoofers installed in the back – the Pyle PLBW124. I have heard that the PLG6C speakers sound great on their own, with plenty of bass, but this combination of speakers and subwoofer had a kind of full-range excitement and really deep, powerful bass that was thrilling, and they integrated seamlessly with each other.
Just for fun, I auditioned the Pyle PLG6C, two way speakers, with some driving music – Deep Purple’s Highway Star, on their hard and heavy classic album Machine Head, had a kind of driving energy that I don’t always hear with this favorite track – the 6.5-inch driver made the vocals clear and warm, but still with the requisite bite, and the tweeters brought just the right air and detail to the mix, with a liquid sound I normally expect in much more expensive high-frequency drivers. Vivaldi’s Four Seasons, in the joyous, virtuosic, and sumptuously recorded Channel Classics CD, literally made me drive faster and faster, so engaged was I in the intensity and dynamic energy put out by these little speakers. And, of course, Autobahn! Not the wonderful analog recording of the original track, but the absolutely incredible live version on Kraftwerk’s double CD Minimum Maximum. This thrilling recording cannot be recommended too highly, and the Pyle 6C component speakers conveyed all of the concert’s power, primal drive, and strange sophistication with ease and rich, detailed musicality.
I know – Kraftwerk, Deep Purple, Vivaldi? I swear I’m really not that old, but listening to the Pyle PLG6C 6.5 inch car speakers took me back to a time well before my time – when custom car stereo systems were a really big deal, and when Pyle Drivers were king!
The Pyle PLG6C is my choice for best car audio speaker in this list of Best Pyle Speakers, with honorable mention — best Pyle Subwoofer — going to the slamming dual twelves in the back – the Pyle PLBW124 sub-woofers.
Features and Specifications
- Two Way Component Speaker System: Two 6.5 Inch Mid-Woofers; Two .5 Inch Tweeters; Two Crossover Units
- Woofer: Butyl Rubber Surround; Poly Injection Cone; Oversized Magner
- Tweeter: Silk Dome; Neodymium Magnet
- Frequency Response: 50 hz to 22 khz
- Maximum Power: Woofer 400 Watts; Tweeter 100 Watts
- Complete With Grills, Wiring and Mounting Hardware
Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Powerful, dynamic sound||Six piece system not as easy to install|
|Component Design really fills the whole car with sound|
|Superior tonal accuracy, detail and dynamics|
|Extreme volume levels without distortion|
|Well built and durable|
Honorable Mention: Other Pyle Speakers
While I didn’t have as much time with these Pyle speakers, and can’t really offer an exhaustive review, I did find them to have remarkable sound and very high quality of fit and finish.
So, to make our Pyle Speakers Buyers Guide a little more complete, I would like to offer a few more best of choices in four additional categories:
Best Pyle SoundBar
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY (5.2version): Stream music wirelessly with this sound bar that has Bluetooth connectivity of 3.1 plus EDR within 100...
- SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM: A complete 3D Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound system with a total of 5 subwoofer speakers to produce a full range...
- MULTIPLE COMPATIBILITY: It has MP3 digital audio file compatibility that can connect to external devices like USB flash drives, SD memory...
- HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE: Offers outstanding entertainment experience because this speaker sound base is compatible to TV, Home Theater and...
- SOUND AMPLIFIER: This soundbar comes with a sound amplifier and EQ audio configuration for an unmatched resonance. It also comes with a...
Best Pyle In-Ceiling Speakers (Best Pyle Architecture Speakers)
- AMPLIFY YOUR HOME: PyleHome’s 300W 2-way wall mount speaker system is what you need to listen to high-quality audio at home, office,...
- 300-WATT PEAK POWER: These new white high performance stereo sound speakers kit have 150 watt RMS with 300 watts peak power. Features a...
- SUPERIOR SOUND: The speaker system features 1.0” silk dome pivoting voice coil tweeters and 8” poly cone full range mid-bass type for a...
- ADJUSTABLE TREBLE CONTROL: The Pyle dual 8 in ceiling speakers feature adjustable treble control switch (+3dB, 0, -3dB) helps deliver a more...
- MOUNTS ON WALL/CEILING: Set of 2 mountable 8 inch ceiling speakers are made from environment-friendly ABS and urethane film laminated cloth...
Best Pyle Motorcycle Speakers
Best Pyle Marine Speakers (Best Pyle Boat Speakers)
- COMPLETELY WATERPROOF: This is a marine speaker that’s completely waterproof and can be used for several vehicles because it can withstand...
- 120 WATTS POWER: The speaker has a 20 Oz. circuit magnet for a full range audio and complete stereo speaker sound system. The power output...
- WEATHER RESISTANT: It’s a weather resistant speaker made of Polypropylene cone with cloth surround for a rugged and durable design. It is...
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN: Constructed with a low profile design with 1” Aluminum voice coil that can be easily used on boats, marine watercraft...
- 6.5” STANDARD SIZE: These marine speakers are easy to install with 6.5 inches standard size, complete wirings and mounting hardware. It...
Final Verdict: Are Pyle Speakers Any Good?
If you have seen their prices, but haven’t yet heard them, I’m sure you can’t help but wonder if Pyle speakers are any good. After conducting my review of Pyle speakers in many categories, my final verdict is simple – yes they are!
In fact, if they are within your budget, not only can you rest assured that they are quite good, but that they will easily out-perform other products in their price range.
I’m not just basing this on the old legend of the Pyle Driver, or the company’s almost 60 year reputation for making great speakers at inexplicably low prices. We have listened to lots of Pyle products (and products from other companies), as well as reports from customers, friends and the industry, in order to create this list.
Any Pyle speaker will offer great performance and great value, and the five choices on our list of Best Pyle Speakers are real stand-outs and can be purchased with total confidence.
The legend lives on!