Echo Dot is Amazon’s hands-free smart speaker that can take your requests and orders to play music, make calls, set the alarm, or anything you wish to know about.
However, Echo Dot may disappoint you a little with its not-so-loud sound. This is when the wired speaker comes into play. Yes, luckily, Echo Dot is compatible with other wired speakers.
By wired speakers, we mean the speakers that can be connected to the Echo Dot with the help of a jack and cable and not through Bluetooth. Mostly, the maximum speakers you see nowadays are wireless, but wired speakers provide much better sound quality and are subject to fewer interruptions.
Maybe you already have a 3.5mm audio jack speaker, why not try that out, and follow the steps below.
See more: Best Sonos Speakers For Your Kitchen
How To Connect A Wired Speaker To Echo Dot?
It is rather easy to connect the wired speaker to Echo Dot and provides a sure shot. All you need is a standard 3.5mm audio cable that can be connected to the jack from both sides. Now, you just plug in one end of the cable to your wired speaker AUX-in jack and another end of the cable to Echo Dot’s Aux out jack. Now, power up your wires speaker to play sounds from Echo Dot.
As mentioned earlier, it isn’t easy to find a wired speaker these days. However, we found some for you. Here are some of the best-wired speakers that can go with your Echo Dot.
Best Wired Speakers For Echo Dot
Bose is no stranger to brands of best speakers. This best-selling and affordable speaker can expand your choices by providing both wired as well as wireless connections to other speakers.
- Deep, loud and immersive sound, with true 360 degree coverage
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Seamless aluminum body is durable and water resistant (IPX4)
- Enjoy up to 12 hours of play time from a rechargeable, lithium-ion battery
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing with voice prompts allows you to easily take calls and access your phone’s virtual assistant — hands free
It has a good 12-hour battery life and 360-degree surround sound. This is the best-wired speaker to use with an Echo dot. Moreover, you can pair two speakers together too. It’s lightweight and easily portable. Also, it provides you with an upper hand in charging it as well. With its loud sound, one is enough to connect with your Amazon Echo Dot.
No doubt, it can answer your orders very well too.
MEGABOOM is surprisingly a lot in talks for its compatibility with Echo Dot. This waterproof, portable, and shockproof speaker has to blast sound quality. Its 3.5mm audio jack in its lower bottom makes it’s a perfect wired speaker as well.
- FREAKISHLY AMAZING SOUND - Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM is a portable wireless speaker on steroids. Blast freakishly amazing 360-degree sound with...
- Musical mayhem on the go - go anywhere – Start a ragger anywhere. Ultimate Ears mega boom is shock-proof, waterproof (IPX7) and...
- Designed for the next adventure - bold, iconic design; 100 ft. Bluetooth wireless range; 20-hour rechargeable battery; ultra-fast Micro USB...
- In control with the app - use the Ultimate Ears mega boom app to control the party from afar and to unlock an expanding set of cool...
- The speaker of tomorrow - Ultimate Ears mega boom gets better All the time through wireless, over-the-air speaker updates.
It will provide you 20 hours of continuous playtime. It supports Bluetooth as well, with 360 degrees of surround sound. You won’t be lacking anywhere with this external speaker. It also has ultra-fast charging, and the MEGABOOM app will make your groove on your steps better.
Made especially for Dot 2nd Generation, this is yet another amazing wired speaker to look for.
This connects to Echo Dot perfectly with both wired and Bluetooth as well. We have never heard of GGMM, but still, it sounded the best as it provides 360 degrees with All dimensional sound. It can provide 8 hours of continuous playtime. It is recommended to use it primarily for Aux connection for Echo Dot as that what it excels at. With AUX mode, it provides a great 37 hours of playtime.
What else are you looking for?
It goes without saying that Sonos speakers are ultimate, and finding a wired Sonos speaker for Echo dot is like a jackpot.
- All-new Sonos Five - Experience vividly clear, room-filling sound for music and more with Five, tuned by renowned producer Giles Martin....
- Deep bass - Five's unrivalled acoustic design features 3 high-excursion woofers within a sealed architecture that eliminates reverb and echo
- Ultra-wide soundstage - 2 precisely-angled side tweeters create spatial extension and rich stereo sound, while a center tweeter optimizes...
- Smart stereo sound - Place a single speaker horizontally for stereo sound. Pair 2 speakers in an upright position and each automatically...
- Line-in and play - Connect your turntable, CD player, or other device directly to Five using the 3.5 millimeter line-in port
Thankfully, Sonos Play:5 has a 3.5 mm audio jack that can be used to connect to the Echo dot with cable and have uninterrupted voice control and good play. Moreover, it is compatible with Airplay 2 and other voice control assistants like Alexa too. The Sonos app provides a wide variety of features that makes you do almost everything you can with it, like setting the alarm, playing your favorite playlist, and much more.
Connecting Echo Dot with Sonos Play:5 will turn out to be the best combination as its superb sound quality. Moreover, it is easy to set up and a brand that provides reliable and high-quality speakers. So, your speaker will stay with you intact for a long time.
If you are looking for a pocket-friendly external speaker with no compromise on sound quality, OontZ is one speaker to get your hands on without regret.
- 🎶 HIGHER QUALITY CRYSTAL CLEAR STEREO SOUND - The OontZ Angle 3 is Designed and Engineered by Cambridge Sound Works in the USA, using the...
- 🔊 LOUDER VOLUME WITH ZERO DISTORTION – Surprisingly loud with no distortion, even at maximum volume. POWERFUL 10 WATTS OF OUTPUT...
- 💙 Suitable for INDOOR AND OUTDOOR USE - Incredible BLUETOOTH (5.0) RANGE OF 100 FEET meaning CONSTANT UNINTERRUPTED MUSIC
- 🚿 IPX5 WATER RESISTANT – Splashproof making it the IDEAL SHOWER SPEAKER or for TRIPS TO THE BEACH or POOL
- 🔋 Powerful battery lets you play all day
This speaker is full of impressive features. Along with being a wired speaker and compatible with Amazon Echo Dot And Amazon Echo, it has amazing sound quality. Also, it plays incessantly for 30 hours even when played that 2/3rd of the normal high-volume other speakers play at.
Moreover, it’s water-resistant, so if you have it in your car, you can live up to your dreams to dance in the rain with OontZ on. It will work perfectly when throwing a backyard party, too, as you could actually hear the songs over the voice of your friends.
How could this list be perfect without a JBL speaker in it? Thankfully, it includes a 3.5mm jack AUX that makes it a perfect wired speaker for Echo Dot.
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker & take turns playing surprisingly powerful
- Speakerphone - take crystal clear calls from your speaker with the touch of a button thanks to the noise and echo cancelling speakerphone
- Splash proof - splash proof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even clean it with running tap water
- JBL connect - build your own ecosystem by connecting multiple JBL connect-enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience
- JBL bass radiator - hear the bass, feel the bass, and see the bass
This speaker is so affordably priced at $67 and comes in a variety of colors. Moreover, JBL speakers are known for their high bass. The voice quality is superb, and the rugged rubber housing makes it durable as well. Also, it is waterproof, so it can accompany you when you are bathing as well.
It even provides 10 hours of playtime that is not as long as some of the speakers provide but is still sufficient enough for party time, conference calls, VCs, etc.
We weren’t too sure about this one. But this Anker Soundcore 2 speaker is surprisingly awesome with great features.
- Unbelievable sound: 12W of pure audio power with enhanced bass Thunders from dual neodymium drivers. An advanced digital signal processor...
- Intense bass: exclusive bass up™ technology and a patented spiral bass port boost low-end frequencies to make the beats hit even harder.
- Outdoor-proof: protection safeguards against rain, dust, snow, and spills. Get incredible sound at home, in the yard, or anywhere else...
- 24H non-stop music: Anker world-renowned power MANAGEMENT technology and a 5200mAh li-ion battery deliver a full day of sublime sound.
- Grab, go, Listen: classic design that has been refined and lightened, with effortlessly simple controls.
The advanced Bass thunders provide an edge to its sound quality. A sound that is loud but doesn’t hurt your ears. Moreover, it is waterproof that makes it your soul, and you can take it everywhere along with you. Be it in rains, bathroom, or swimming pool; it goes with you without worries.
Moreover, the AUX port we were looking for and too hard to find is also in it and thus makes it’s a perfect wired speaker for Echo Dot. You can play it all day long, depending on the voice content and the volume. It favors Bluetooth 4.2 technology with a 66ft connectivity range.
With great reviews and recommendations, we tried the Creative D80 wireless speaker, too, and we don’t regret our decision. So, cheaply priced, it was worth the try.
- The speaker system allows for a wired connection via its AUX-in port for other portable devices, plus it works seamlessly with compatible...
- Do not panic even if your computer does not have stereo Bluetooth built-in. Give it wireless audio streaming functionalities with the...
- Plug in the Creative BT-D5 Bluetooth transmitter (sold separately) into any 30-pin iPod and instantly stream music wirelessly to the...
- With a range of up to 10 meters from the speaker, wirelessly stream music from any compatible stereo Bluetooth device such as your mobile...
- With its two powerful 3" drivers and built-in slot port-tube, share the latest hits and dance away
The auxiliary port at the back also makes it convenient to use it as a wired speaker, though its wireless range is impressive as well. Its Bluetooth visibility goes as far as up to 10 meters so that you can listen to music and songs and throw sounds all-around your house easily.
There are various other options for pairing it with. At just $40, this is a good external speaker for Echo Dot to go with.
This pocket-sized Sony wireless speaker is yet another astonishing piece that comes with a USB charging cable, wall adapter, and even AUX cable it.
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a...
- Output: 10 W x 2 (AC Power)10 W x 2 (Battery Power)
- Power On/Off: LED Operating Indicator
- Audio In: Audio In: (3.5 mm stereo minijack)Electret condenser microphone (100HZ - 7 kHz)
This all makes it ready to use the speaker for your Echo Dot. Even this small packet comes with extra bass for the loud sound throw. The battery life of this mini companion will last for about 16 hours, which is quite impressive as well. You can even carry it around in your handbag and be ready to groove on the music.
Its Aux port makes it a wired speaker as well, making it compatible with Echo Dot. It is also mentioned to be water-resistant but not waterproof, i.e., to say a little splash of water won’t harm it, but it should not be used underwater. You can even carry it around while cycling as well.
Difficult to first recognize it as a speaker, this speaker by Harman Kardon looks more a showpiece but works great as an external speaker, especially to Echo Dot.
It provides omnidirectional sound, and its 4.5-inch subwoofer gives loud and rich and not shrieking bass. It is also Bluetooth compatible and Apple Airplay 2 too. The AUX-in port at the back is what we were searching for, and luckily, it’s not only a wireless speaker.
However, this speaker is not easily portable and will require extra care while handling from your side. Besides that, it is a great speaker with amazing sound quality. Moreover, it is so loud you will have to lower the volume down for Echo Dot to respond to you.
So that we would cover more wired speakers’ options for you, we list out all the possible best-wired speakers that can easily make your Echo Dot a lot better and more fun to interact with. Hope you could find a suitable one for you by weighing all the factors.