Music makes everything better, and the best way to take it with you when you go on a trip is by carrying a wireless speaker. Wireless speakers are usually Bluetooth or Wi-Fi compatible. Setting up a Bluetooth speaker is much easier than a Wi-Fi connection.
However, if you have a steady Wi-Fi network, you can definitely opt for a Wi-Fi compatible speaker. Wireless speakers also have a surround-sound effect, and you can easily listen to the audio from multiple rooms.
Check out the different wireless speakers given below, and you will definitely be able to find the most suitable speaker.
Top 10 Wireless Speakers
If you are buying wireless speakers for the first time, then you might be confused when you see the number of options available. To help you choose a wireless speaker, we have listed the ten best wireless speakers in the market.
Take a look at their features and pros and cons to find the perfect speaker for you.
JBL has been producing a number of wireless speakers for different budgets. JBL Charge 4 is a good option at a reasonable price. The device is quite large and even heavy. This gives it quite a durable build.
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly...
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in...
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach...
- JBLCONNECT plus Amplify your listening...
- DURABLE FABRIC AND RUGGED MATERIAL: The...
- Waterproof exterior: The material used on the exterior of the JBL Charge 4 is completely waterproof. The IPX7 Certification allows you to actually submerge the speaker for 30 minutes without it causing any damage.
- Dual drivers: The powerful audio of the JBL Charge 4 is due to the dual drivers that the device comes equipped with. These dual drivers are accompanied by passive radiators.
- Long-lasting battery: The battery for the JBL Charge 4 has been upgraded to 7000 mAh from the 6000 mAh that was in the Charge 3 device. The battery life is displayed on the 5 small LED lights.
- Button Controls: There are buttons for playback, powering on or off, and Bluetooth pairing.
- The audio is balanced and strong.
- The sound is quite loud when compared to the size of the speaker.
- The speaker produces sound with deep and rich bass.
- The highs are sharp and very clear.
- There is only mono audio output.
- There is no option for a speakerphone.
The Marshall Woburn II Bluetooth speaker is an iconic design and produces really impressive audio. The sound is so powerful that with one speaker, the booming audio will fill your home!
- Sturdy grille: The grey grille pattern on the front of the Marshall Woburn II Bluetooth speaker is made out of top quality metallic mesh.
- Connectivity options: The Marshall Woburn II Bluetooth speaker can be easily connected to other Bluetooth devices within 10 meters. There are also AUX in and out connections available and RCA connections.
- Tweeters and subwoofers: There are two tweeters and two 5.25 inch subwoofers. These are separately powered by Class-D amplifiers.
- The audio is very strong and clear.
- The design is cool and compact.
- The sound has rich bass, and the highs have complete clarity.
- The speaker comes with an in-app EQ.
- There are knobs on the device to help you adjust the treble and the bass.
- There are no audio cables or accessories included with the speaker.
- You will not be able to connect the speaker with Wi-Fi.
Bang & Olufsen has a range of well-functioning, high-quality wireless speakers. The Beosound A1 (2nd Gen) speaker is a great option if you are looking for a good, portable speaker.
- Metal casing: The metal casing of the Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 (2nd Gen) gives it a sleek look. The casing is also very sturdy but does not add any extra weight.
- Controls: The control buttons are situated on the body of the Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 (2nd Generation) speaker. You can use the buttons to control the playback, increase and decrease of volume, for connecting to Bluetooth and microphone.
- Woofer and tweeter: The Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 (2nd Gen) speaker is equipped with a 3.5-inch woofer and a 0.6-inch tweeter. They are powered by two 30 Watt Class-D amplifiers.
- The audio is clear and powerful.
- The speaker has a very elegant and contemporary design.
- It is compatible and can easily be used with Amazon Alexa.
- The speaker is completely waterproof and ideal for outdoor entertainment.
- The speaker is very expensive when compared to other speakers of the same size.
- It is not easy to locate the buttons on the body of the speaker.
The Swedish furnishings brand IKEA has partnered with Sonos to bring this Wi-Fi Bookshelf Speaker. The speaker not only works really well on its own, but you can actually use it as a shelf when you are not playing any audio track.
- Tweeter and driver: The IKEA Sonos Symfonisk Wi-Fi Bookshelf Speaker has a 1.25-inch tweeter and a 2.75-inch driver of midrange. There are class-D amplifiers to power the tweeter and driver. There is also a port to push our air, especially while playing tracks with a heavy base.
- Control panel: The control panel of the IKEA Sonos Symfonisk Wi-Fi has buttons for various different functions. You can play or pause music and control the volume. There is also an LED display that shows if the speaker is connected or if it’s on standby mode.
- Sonos Controller app: You can easily set up the IKEA Sonos Symfonisk Wi-Fi Bookshelf Speaker using the Sonos Controller app from your Android or iOS device. The speakers will be identified and shown on the app and you can connect them to the Wi-Fi.
- Voice control: While the IKEA Sonos Symfonisk Wi-Fi Bookshelf Speaker does not support voice control on its own, it is compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. You can use either of these two to give verbal commands.
- The speaker is very affordable.
- The audio is rich and powerful.
- The sound has well-defined highs.
- The spear is of very classy design.
- The deep bass is not very clear, especially when the volume is high.
- The speaker does not support Bluetooth.
The Marshall Emberton wireless speaker is a compact, small-sized speaker that provides good quality sound. Being waterproof, it can easily be carried when you go on a trip.
- Durable exterior: The Marshall Emberton speaker has a very sturdy build. The metal mesh grille in gray is hardy and covers the entire front face. The whole design of the speaker is typical of a long-lasting device.
- LED panel: The battery percentage of the Marshall Emberton speaker is displayed on an LED panel. The battery life is shown in red, which makes it very visible, even in the dark.
- Controls: There is a central control panel that has a brass effect. You can use the button in the middle to change the audio track and increase or decrease the volume. There is also a Bluetooth pairing button on the left of the central control panel.
- 2 drivers: The Marshall Emberton speaker has two drivers of 10 Watt each. These are powered by a class-D amplifier.
- Very loud and rich audio, considering the size of the speaker.
- The speaker has a sturdy build and a very minimalist design.
- The speaker is waterproof.
- The speaker does not have speakerphone functionality.
- There is no AUX input.
If you are looking for a top-grade wireless speaker at an affordable price, then the Amazon Echo (3rd Gen) is the speaker for you. It is a midrange speaker with excellent Alexa voice assistant support.
- Dolby audio: Amazon Echo has Dolby audio. This is enhanced by a 3-inch woofer and a 0.8-inch tweeter. The sound is 360-degree surround sound and has very deep and rich levels.
- Bluetooth compatibility: The Amazon Echo has an in-built Bluetooth setup and can be connected very easily.
- Microphone control: There is a control button available for the Amazon Echo that allows you to enable or disable your microphone. There is an LED status ring that displays if Alexa is listening in or is waiting for a command.
- The sound is extremely powerful.
- The audio is balanced out to give a better surround-sound experience.
- The cost is very reasonable.
- Amazon Echo can be easily integrated with Alexa without any hassles.
- The Amazon Echo will have to be used with Amazon Alexa, and that might not be very convenient.
- Amazon Echo has not had any improvements or updates.
JBL Pulse 4 is one of the coolest wireless speakers available! It provides not only a really rich sound but also a hypnotic light show that accompanies the audio tracks.
- Driver and radiator: The JBL Pulse 4 has a 20 Watt and 2.25-inch driver. There is also a passive radiator on the lower panel of the speaker.
- Button controls: There are various buttons for controlling the tracks, and the controls are placed around the top ring of the JBL Pulse 4. The buttons can be used to power on or off, controlling the volume, and for playing or pausing the tracks.
- LED lights: The JBL Pulse 4 has very impressive LED lights. The LED lights create different patterns while music is playing. You can control the lights using the JBL Connect app.
- Long-lasting battery: The battery of the JBL Pulse 4 lasts for a really long time. When fully charged, the battery will last for up to 12 hours.
- The audio is clear and powerful.
- There are LED lights on the body of the speaker.
- The device is waterproof.
- There are two different modes available; the stereo mode and the PartyBoost mode, and you can switch from one to the other easily.
- There is no AUX input.
- The speaker is quite expensive.
- There is no speakerphone function.
When you are shopping for a wireless speaker, clear sound and great design are the primary requirements. The Google Nest Audio is the ideal for this, and you can definitely rely on it for long term use.
- Touch-sensitive controls: There are no buttons on the Google Nest Audio. Instead, there is just a smooth touchpad across the entire top surface of the speaker. There are three different areas on the surface that respond to touches: the center to pause and play music, and the right and left corners to increase or decrease volume.
- Google Assistant: Google Nest Audio is compatible with Google Assistant, and you can easily give commands to play music, get information on various topics, and even control other Google devices and smart home devices. You can also use Google Assistant on Google Nest Audio to make calls.
- Far-field microphones: There are three different far-field microphones on the Google Nest Audio. There is also a mute mic switch, which you can use to disable the microphones manually.
- Woofer and tweeter: The Google Nest Audio is equipped with a 75mm woofer and a 19mm tweeter.
- The sound is well balanced.
- The speaker is compatible with Google Cast and supports Bluetooth.
- Google Assistant is very convenient for the speaker.
- Two Google Nest Audio speakers can be connected together, and they will work really well as stereo speakers.
- The bass is not very strong.
- You cannot pair the Google Nest Audio with any other non-Google devices.
If you are looking for a compact wireless speaker that is going to provide great sound, and if you are a user of Amazon products in general, then this is a great option for you. Available at a very affordable price, this speaker has advanced sound processing and can also mix music to 3D sound.
- 3D sound: The audio produced by Amazon Echo Studio is positional and compatible with Dolby-Atmos. This is possible because the speaker has a 5.25-inch woofer above the bass ports, facing downwards, 1-inch tweeter, and three 2 inch drivers of mid-range facing left, right and upward.
- Home automation hub: The Amazon Echo Studio speaker has a home automation hub built-in. The ZigBee home automation hub is very convenient for controlling other devices that are used with the speaker.
- Alexa voice assistant: The Amazon Echo Studio provides all functions of the Amazon Alexa Voice Assistant. You can give verbal commands and have questions about the weather, sports, transport timings, and other topics answered. You can also have audiobooks read from Audible, in addition to playing music.
- This speaker is very affordable when compared to other speakers with the same features.
- The sound is very powerful and absolutely free of noise.
- The audio of the speaker is directional, and this makes for a pleasant experience.
- You can easily use it with another subwoofer and even connect to another Studio.
- 3D Ultra HD music can only be heard if you are using Amazon Music HD with the speaker.
- The speaker does not support Z-wave.
Since there are a lot of options when it comes to wireless speakers, you should first understand what features you need. It is also important to stay within your budget, and there are enough products available at reasonable rates. Once you do that, you will be able to narrow down your choices and get the ideal wireless speaker.