In the day-to-day life of both working and non-working individuals, be it in a rapidly-paced city lifestyle or in the slowly moving countryside, reminders are life saviors. Where to save these reminders as notes is again just as daunting as trying to remember them. Here’s where the modernization in devices like Alexa comes into action.
- Meet Echo Dot - Our most compact smart speaker that fits perfectly into small spaces.
- Improved speaker quality - Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo...
- Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others.
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home...
- Voice control your smart home - Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices. Create routines...
Not taking features on our present smartphones enables us to get through daily life by helping us in remembering important meetings, grocery lists, birthday dates, ideas, thoughts, and everything that’s worthwhile to be noted down and dwell on.
Amazon’s Alexa has many built-in features that make tasks simple through convenience without any hustle. It is a voice assistant developed by Amazon, initially used in Amazon Echo smart speaker, Echo dot, and others.
It provides services like voice interaction, tracking playback, making to-do lists, placing alarms, streaming podcasts, gambling audiobooks, and presenting the weather, traffic, sports, and different real-time information, including news. Alexa also can manipulate numerous clever gadgets and use itself as a domestic automation system.
Further reading: What Is Alexa And What Does Alexa Do?
How To Take Notes
Taking notes on Alexa is quite simple and easy. It can be done in two ways. One of them is through manual entry, and the alternative is through voice command.
Here’s how to enter a note manually on the Alexa app:
- Open the Alexa app on your device
- Click the menu icon.
- Click Lists & Notes.
- Click Notes option.
- Click the + sign next to the Add Note option.
- Type in and press Save.
That’s how simple it is to save a note on Alexa. And it keeps it saved until you decide to delete the note.
How To Create A Note Via Voice Command/ Verbal Communication On Alexa App
Call out in your Alexa-enabled tool to “make a note,” after which inform her what you need to remember.
That’s it! After this, you may cross into the app beneath Lists & Notes and spot what you desire to remember, or you may ask your Echo Show to expose your notes.
Overall, the system is clear-cut, and also you shouldn’t have any trouble getting the voice assistant to take notes.
Besides creating, saving, and referencing notes, Alexa can assist in decorating your productivity with lists, reminders, alarms, and more! Dive down the productivity lane and notice what you could accomplish with Alexa via tapping at the Things to Try phase of the Alexa app.
How To Create A Lengthy Note On Alexa App
The Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) is a software program improvement framework that permits you to create content, known as skills. Skills are like apps for Alexa.
There’s an option available to record rather than a lengthy note. It is known as notebook skill, without which you cannot store a huge message.
How to check if the note is saved:
- You can go back to the history saved on your device to listen to the word again.
- For instance, if you’ve saved someone’s birthday, let’s say like “Alexa, a reminder for Sam’s birthday on Saturday, Jan 2nd” then just ask it again like “Alexa, when is Sam’s birthday?” Or read my notes.
- That manner, you may be certain that Alexa heard your word nicely as she repeats the word.
It’s easier to read a note and delete a note too. Just say Alexa, read a note on important dates and events coming up. It will remind you quickly about them. For to delete a few notes, you can either do it manually through the app in the settings or through the voice command.
Further reading: Can Alexa Record And Playback?
Troubleshooting An Error In Recording A Note
If you’re unable to record a note on Alexa, and it responds with something like, “Sorry, I don’t know that one,” or “Sorry, I’m having trouble understanding you right now. Please try a little later.” If Alexa isn’t responding properly, there are some easy fixes to try below.
- Make sure echo has internet access: this is a mandatory basic step to confirm whether Alexa is ignoring you or not.
- Check whether the microphone is turned on or not
- Check whether the Alexa and echo are in the same WiFi range.
- Try changing the wake word
- Try restarting the server and the app
- Reset the factory defaults as a last resort.
In other words, the simple answer to whether Alexa can take notes is Yes.
First, Amazon has geared up Alexa with an integrated reminiscence characteristic referred to as Remember This, which you may use to enlist for quite a few reminders.
Alexa, remember this or take a note is pretty much the same for storing the important stuff that we usually forget.
Besides Alexa’s built-in remember this ability, you can access a few other memory skills. Remind Me can help you recall the items you need for certain places or activities, such as home, work, the gym, school, college, or the doctor. For instance, to start this just say, “Alexa, ask to Remind Me to add the place college.” You can then add individual things to the list you have to carry to the college. Say, “Alexa, ask to Remind Me to add textbooks to college.” Using a similar syntax, you can add other items, such as stationery things like pens, pencils and notebooks, earphones, lunch boxes, and water bottles. When you need a reminder for what to carry to the college, just say, “Alexa, ask to Remind Me what I need for the college.” Alexa then reminds you of the items you added to your college list.
It is highly beneficial in recording your thoughts and ideas that flow through your creative mind, and when you’re nowhere near noting it down, just say Alexa add a note on that specific message, and come back later to explore more about the content. That’s where the notebook skill helps to record huge messages as notes.