Ever since Amazon has introduced the Alexa software, executing many day-to-day activities has gotten a whole lot simpler and more convenient for many people. Equipped with over ten thousand commands your Alexa can carry out activities such as setting an alarm, turning on lights and searching for songs. At present, there are plenty of Television sets that respond to voice commands and are compatible with Alexa. This article contains instructions for setting up your Alexa with Smart TVs of different companies. Just scroll down and find the respective company of the Smart TV set that you own.
Further reading:What Is Alexa And What Does Alexa Do?
Connecting your Alexa to your Samsung Smart TV
In order to use the voice command option on your Samsung Smart TV, you need to connect your Amazon Alexa to your Samsung TV. In order to connect the two devices, you will have to first set up a SmartThings account and an Amazon Alexa account and then sync the two accounts.
- Download both the Amazon Alexa and SmartThings applications. Both these applications can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
- Open your Amazon Alexa application and select the three horizontal lines located on the top left corner of your screen. Once the drop-down menu opens up select “Skills & Games” from the list of items on the menu
- Look up SmartThings on the search bar.
- Once you have selected SmartThings a screen will open up with a “enable to use” button. Click on it and then continue to sign in with your Samsung account.
- Once you have signed in the application will ask you to enter the location of the device. Select your current location and then give the application authorization access.
- Open the Amazon Alexa application once again and select Discover Devices. Once the application has discovered all devices near it, go through the list and choose your Smart TV device to which you would like to connect. Once you have selected the device press “set up device”.
- After selecting your device select your preferred room in which your smart TV is located and then select the Add to group option at the bottom. Press continue twice and your Samsung Smart TV is good to go and can be easily used through your Amazon Alexa.
Connecting your Alexa to your LG Smart TV
The best thing about LG is that all 2019 LG OLED and NanoCell TVs come with a built-in Alexa feature. To check whether your LG smart supports Alexa just go to the general section of your setting and check the details of your TV. Any TV set with webOS 4.0 or higher will support the Alexa software.
- Install the Alexa Application on your LG smart TV. Go to the LG content store and download the Alexa App. Once you have downloaded the app create an account and sign in.
- The next thing you will have to do is to connect your Amazon account with the TV device by entering the code display on your LG smart TV. To do this you will have to select the Skills option on your Alexa app and search for LG ThingQ. You can enable either the basic settings or the Complete Smart Appliance and TV option if you want to customize your settings.
- Once you have signed in to your LG account you can search for your LG smart TV by selecting the add devices option on your Alexa app or by giving Alexa voice command to discover nearby devices. Once you connect Alexa to your device your LG TV can be controlled through Alexa
See More: The Best Wired Speaker For Echo Dot
Connecting your Alexa to your Sony Smart TV
The voice operation function for your Sony Smart TV is only available in selected countries. So before trying to connect your Alexa with your Smart TV look up the list of countries where you can use the voice command option.
- Press the Home button on your Sony Smart TV’s remote control.
- From the TV menu options select Apps and then there will be either one of the two options available –
- TV Control with Smart Speakers App
- TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa App
- Select TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa App and start the setup process by logging into your google account. Your google account needs to be registered on your Sony smart TV
- Open your Amazon Alexa application and enable the Basic Skills of your Sony TV
- Link your Amazon Alexa account by logging in from the same google account.
- Discover devices by giving a voice command or manually searching and select your Sony Smart TV. You can now control your Smart TV through Alexa
Connecting your Alexa to your Vizio TV
The SmartCast OS on your Vizio TV makes it possible for you to control your TV through Amazon Alexa. This skill is available on all SmartCast Displays and TVs from 2017 through 2019 and is also available on the 2016 4k Ultra HD SmartCast Home Theatre. Enable Alexa on your TV by following the steps mentioned below.
- Press the VIZIO button to launch the SmartCast TV app on your TV
- Choose extras from the top menu and select “Amazon Alexa”
- Follow the steps mentioned on the screen to connect your TV with your VIZIO account
- Enter the PIN shown on your TV on your Amazon Alexa App
Connecting your Echo Dot to your Roku TV
The Roku skill for your Alexa app is available on all Roku TV sets and current-generation Roku players. However, it is important to note that it is only supported in Canada, Mexico, Ireland, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the US.
- Link your Roku account to your Amazon account by going to the Skills & Games option on your Alexa application. Look up Roku in the search bar and enable the skill.
- Log into your Roku account and select the Roku device you want to use with your Echo Dot. Press continue and return back to your Alexa App
- Look for your Roku device on the discover section and then select the Roku device and press continue.
- If you are unable to select your Roku device through the Alexa app you will have to go to your Roku skill home screen on your Alexa app and tap manage devices.
- Choose the Echo Dot device and then link it with your Roku TV.
You may also like: Best Wireless Speakers For You
Connecting your Alexa to your TCL Smart TV
You can control your TCL Smart TV through Alexa with the help of the TCL skill assistant. In order to enable this function, the following steps have to be followed
- If your TV supports Alexa go to the settings and open Amazon Alexa from the system section and press enable.
- Open your Amazon Alexa application and press the enable skill button to link the TCL assistant and discover your devices
- Visit the TV settings menu and go to System and select Amazon Alexa. Press the Obtain code option and an activation code will be generated.
- Insert the code in the account linking section that will open up after you have clicked enable Alexa. Once this is done your account will be linked to the device and is ready to be used.
Connecting your Alexa to your Sharp Smart TV
To control your Sharp Smart TV with voice commands through Alexa you need to first check whether your device supports the Alexa voice command software.
- Open the settings on your Smart TV and go-to systems. Select the Amazon Alexa Service Setup tab under Amazon Alexa Service. If there is no option called Amazon Alexa Service anywhere in the system settings then your Smart TV is not compatible with Alexa.
- To connect your Sharp Smart TV to Alexa one needs to simply follow the steps that are prompted on your screen once you have opened the Alexa Service Setup option.
- You will have to name your Smart TV during the setup so that while giving voice commands Alexa knows which particular device you would like to control.
Connecting your Alexa to your Toshiba Smart TV
With the help of Toshiba Smart Home Solutions and Alexa, you can now easily control your devices through voice commands. In order to control your Toshiba Smart TV through Alexa, you will have to set up and sync both accounts through the Smart Home application.
- Open the Toshiba Smart Home application and go to settings. Click on the Alexa Skills Setup and note down the Skills Pairing Code that is shown.
- Once you have copied the code open your Amazon Alexa app and look up Toshiba Smart Home skills. Enable the skills and it will take you to the account linking page.
- Once the linking page has been opened enter the pairing code that was provided and click on “Approve Enabling the Skill”
- Once your Toshiba Smart Home skills are linked to your Toshiba Smart Home Service click on discover devices on Alexa to find devices connected to the smart home service. Select your Toshiba Smart TV and connect it to your Alexa.
Connecting your Alexa to your Hitachi Smart TV
- Install the Alexa app and Hitachi smart view center from google play or the apple store
- Ensure that both your TV and Phone are connected to the same wifi connection.
- Log in to your Amazon Alexa account and select the three lines on your top left corner. Press Skills & Games from the drop-down menu and type in Hitachi TV in the Search Bar
- Select the Hitachi Tv app and tap enable. After pressing enable sign in to your Amazon account and select discover devices.
- Search for your Alexa device and tap done.
- Go to Hitachi smart View app and select your TV and confirm the auto connection. Choose your TV name and press confirm and your TV and Alexa will be connected and ready to use.
You may also like: Sonos One Review: The Best Smart Speaker For You
Connecting your Alexa to your Philips Smart TV
In order to use Alexa on your Philips Smart TV, you need to set up the Alexa Client Service on your Philips Smart TV. The following steps have to be followed:
- Launch the Amazon Alexa application on your TV and select a name for your Smart TV. Once done log into your google account.
- Open the Alexa application on your phone and go to the skill section and enable Philips Smart TV Voice Control. Log in with the same google account to link them and then select discover devices and select the Smart TV
- On your TV press HOME and open Amazon Alexa once again you can now either disable or enable the TV switch on settings. Once done your Alexa is ready to turn your TV on or off by voice command
- At the bottom of the setup screen, select Done to start using Alexa.
Connecting your Alexa to your Panasonic Smart TV
- Connect your smart TV to the internet.
- Open your Amazon Alexa application and search for “Panasonic TV” in the skills directory. Once you select it the skills detail card will open up and you have to click on enable
- Once you enable it you will have to sign in by entering your Panasonic ID and password.
- Confirm your device ID and password by selecting the apps button on your TV and go to Smart Speaker Settings. Enter your Device ID and password. Once successful you can start using voice commands through Alexa.
Connecting your Alexa to your JVC Smart TV
- Download the Alexa App on your phone and open it.
- Press the three lines on the top left corner and go to settings
- Once you open settings select TV&Video and then proceed to select your JVC Smart TV
- Select Enable Skill and follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Go to the discover devices section and search for your Smart TV. Select the device and press continue. Your Alexa App will be connected to your JVC Smart TV
Connecting your Alexa to your Hisense Smart TV
- Go to the settings option on your Hisense Smart TV and select devices. Click on Alexa devices and follow the steps mentioned.
- You will need to have a Hisense account to link your Alexa to the TV
- Once you have created an account on the sign-up webpage you will get a code that needs to be entered on the TV screen in order to add the TV to your Hisense account.
- You need to then pick a name for your Smart TV.
- Open your Alexa app and go to the skills section. Look up Hisense Smart TV and open its skill detail card and select the Enable option
- After you have enabled the skill you will be able to use voice commands through Alexa
One of the best things about the Alexa application is that if you have a Smart TV at home you will never have to be dependent on a remote control again. You can turn your Smart TV on, reduce the volume, change the channel and look up specific shows without having to lift a single finger!