Sonos speakers come with some of the best specifications and features at a very affordable rate. If you are wondering if the Sonos speakers can be connected to your receiver, yes, it can. Connecting it to the receiver is a more or less simple process. The steps to connect your AV receiver to the Sonos speaker are given as below:
- Brilliant sound - get rich, room-filling sound with the all-new Sonos One SL, and control it with the Sonos app, Apple Airplay 2, and...
- For every room - The compact design fits just about any space. Put it on your kitchen countertop, or tuck it away on your office bookshelf....
- Apple Airplay 2 - stream sound directly from your iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Stereo sound with two - Pair with Sonos One or another One SL in the same room for stereo separation and more detailed sound. Use a pair...
- Build your system - easily connect Sonos speakers in different rooms over Wi-Fi to create a home sound system that brings every room and...
Step 1: Position the Sonos speaker
It is necessary to position the Sonos speaker and the AV receiver close to each other so that there is no obstruction between them. Preferably the connection panel should be directed towards the Sonos speaker for an easy connection process.
Step 2: Connect the external drives to the receiver
All external devices which are to be used need to be connected to the receiver. Any additional device which you might not require for the time being needs to be disconnected from the TV or the receiver.
Step 3: Insert the cable
You must insert the cable at the correct ports to secure the connections. The power cord goes in the AC power port of the Sonos speaker, and the HDMI is to be connected to the HDMI port. Ensure that the connection is not loose. It is more convenient if you can make sure that the cords do not get entangled. It will help you in connecting and disconnecting the cord at ease if required.
Step 4: Software Setup Process
Next, the software setup has to be done. The software setup is quite simple if you follow the on-screen instructions. The steps to complete the software setup are:
- You need to install the Sonos app from the Google Play Store, App Store, etc.
- Launch the app to set up the new Sonos system
- You need to sign in to the Sonos account, and if you do not have one already, you need to create a new one.
- Tap on the ‘Continue’ button and go ahead with the normal setup for the Sonos device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- A green light on the device will indicate that the Sonos is connected and the configuration process is complete.
- Setup the network for the device. For this, all you need to do is click on the prompt on the screen that asks to connect to the Sonos network.
- Go to settings and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the device’s connection to your home network.
Step 5: Disabling The Inbuilt Speakers Of Your Receiver
You can now disable the speakers of your TV or receiver by following the device-specific guide. Post this. You can start using the Sonos speakers for your TV or any other receiver. It is sure to give you a great audio experience compared to your normal receiver’s audio quality.
The setup can be completed within 10 minutes, and you are ready to have a wonderful time with the best Sonos speakers in place of your standard quality speakers.
Receivers That Are Most Compatible With Sonos
Although you can connect most of the receivers with your Sonos devices, some high-quality receivers are available in the market. They are:
- Yamaha RX-A780 Aventage 7.2 – Channel AV Receiver: This is a perfect AV receiver having 7.2 surround sound and great features. It aids multi-channel processing and can play multisource audio.
- Denon AVR-S540BT – This receiver comes with a 5.2 surround sound and is a premium quality receiver. It can support two subwoofers with 140-watt channels each.
Can Sonos Be Connected To The Home Theatre System?
Yes, Sonos can be connected to the home theatre system, and it improves the overall audio experience of your home theatre system. The steps to connect the home theatre system to Sonos is as follows:
- Download the Android or iOS app based on your requirement from the app store.
- Install the app on your device.
- Open the app and go to the settings.
- Tap on the option that says ‘Sonos Home theatre’.
- Click on ‘Setup surrounds’.
- In-app instructions will lead you to the completion of the setup.
- Your home theatre system will be connected to the Sonos, and you can enjoy a great experience.
How to group sonos speakers
What Are The Different Sonos Speakers Available?
Sonos comes with some of the best quality speakers for surround sound. Some of the popular Sonos speakers are as follows:
- Sonos Roam: It is one of the cheapest variants of the Sonos speakers available in the market at present. It is a portable Bluetooth speaker with Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Sonos Move: It is a lightweight, portable speaker that was one of the very first portable Bluetooth speakers that came to the market. You will be able to play multi-room and voice-assisted music and stream music from various platforms.
- Sonos One: The Sonos One is a high sound quality multi-room speaker with great additional features. It comes with a great surround sound and a very responsive voice-command controlling ability.
- Sonos Beam: The Beam speaker from Sonos is known for its sleek design and amazing sound quality. It is available at very affordable prices.
- Sonos Arc: It is a sub speaker with great sound quality that can be easily used with any other Sonos device to improve the quality of sound.
- Sonos Playbar: This Sonos device is capable of delivering AV quality sound and is a great buy for streaming music from various platforms. The device is reasonably priced compared to other speakers with similar features.
- Sonos Playbase: The sleek design and great features make it a must-have Sonos speaker. The speaker is not too cheap, but it is worth the features.
So if you are worried about connecting your receiver to Sonos, most of the Sonos devices can be connected to receivers with some simple steps. It is capable of improving your overall audio experience.