Hulu is one of the top-rated and leading subscription-based streaming services that offers its members ad-free Live and on-demand TV shows and Movies. Members can stream the entire seasons of their favorite TV series, Hit Movies, Children’s shows, and Hulu Originals. It currently has over 70,000 episodes and movies on its platform and over 65 live channels.
Designed around Amazon’s well-known virtual assistant Alexa, the Amazon Echo Show from the Amazon Echo line of products is a speaker which features a fabric design and a vibrant HD touchscreen display. It comes with a built-in smart home hub and has a premium sound quality. Users can watch videos on their Echo Show and video-call other Echo Show and Skype users through it. You can enjoy music from all your favorite platforms such as Spotify, Amazon Prime Music, and more. Apart from listening to music, you can also watch music videos, news and stream your favorite movies and TV shows from platforms such as Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime
- Alexa can show you even more - With a 10.1"...
- Stay in frame - Video call friends and family...
- Smart home made simple - Set up compatible...
- Take a look around when you’re away -...
- So much entertainment - Ask Alexa to play...
You may also like: Can You Watch Netflix On Echo Show?
Enabling Hulu On Your Echo Show
There are two ways to enable Hulu on your Amazon Echo Show. You can directly do it from your Echo Show device or choose to enable the application through your Amazon Alexa App.
- Step 1: Ensure your Hulu Alexa skill is enabled. You can enable the skill through the Video Skills Menu
- Step 2: Open Hulu on your Echo Show and enter your username and password
- Step 3: Once you receive a notification that Hulu has been enabled, you can navigate to the Hulu home screen and start streaming movies and TV shows on your Echo Show device
How to Install Hulu through the Amazon Alexa Application
Your Amazon Echo Show can support Hulu through the Alexa skills settings. It is extremely easy to stream and watch any show from Hulu on your Amazon Echo Show. If you have a Hulu subscription, all you have to do is enable the skill and link it with your Amazon Alexa. Once you have enabled the skill, follow the steps mentioned below.
- STEP 1: Open the Amazon Alexa application and go to Settings. Select TV & Video under the Alexa Preferences section and select Hulu from the list of all available providers shown on the window.
- STEP 2: Open the Hulu application and put in your login credentials. If you do not have an account, you can create one. Hulu offers a 30-day free trial period too. Your regular Hulu membership would cost $5.99 per month and $59.99 per year. Hulu also provides its users an ad-free membership and a membership with Live TV; however, those are more expensive than the regular membership.
- STEP 3: Once you have logged in, you will also have to connect to Hulu account to the Echo Show device. Simply click on the “Link your Alexa Device” option available on the screen and then select your Echo Show Device.
- STEP 4: Once both devices are linked, a confirmation will show up on your Echo Show screen. Once Hulu is enabled, voice commands can be given to Alexa to play any show on Hulu.
You may also like: Using Echo Show As A Baby Monitor
Who Can Use Hulu On Their Echo Show?
The streaming application is not available on all models of Echo Show. Therefore, users must first check whether their device models and see if Hulu is compatible before trying to connect and stream movies from Hulu. According to the company, Hulu is only compatible with the 7” first-generation and the 10.1” second-generation Echo Show models.
Sometimes right after a software update, there is a possibility of difficulty connecting to Hulu and streaming shows on your Alexa Echo Show. If this ever happens, users can try troubleshooting the problem at home by restarting the device. If users still struggle to connect to Hulu after restarting their devices, they can log out of Hulu and try logging in again.
Hulu Voice Commands for Alexa
Once the skill for Hulu has been activated on your Echo Show or your Amazon Alexa Application, you can easily use voice commands to stream shows, browse movies, and pause shows from Hulu on your Echo Show. Following are a few commands you can use on your Echo Show:
- Alexa open Hulu: This voice command can be used to open the main menu of Hulu on your Echo show
- Alexa, tune to *Insert name of a channel*: to directly go to a specific channel.
- Alexa, play *Insert the name of your favorite movie/TV show*: Command can be used to jump
- Alexa, pause the show/play the show: You can use these voice commands to pause or play the show in case you need to take a break in between a show. One may get a phone call in between or may need to take a bathroom break. The voice command allows you to pause the show without having to lift a finger easily.
- Alexa, play the next episode: This common can be used to change the episode once it’s over or if you have watched it already.
- Alexa, replay this episode from the beginning: Sometimes, you may fall asleep midway during a movie only to realize it later, or a friend may join you in after you have already started watching a movie. This voice command enables your Echo show to replay the entire movie from the beginning.
You may also like: The Best Wired Speaker For Echo Dot
One of the best things about Hulu on your Echo show is that it is extremely easy to use, and the setting up process is as easy as pie. Owners do not have to go through the hassle of downloading and installing the skill as the latest updated Amazon Alexa software already has the Hulu skill preinstalled. Users only need to enable it, login to their Hulu account and link it to their Amazon Echo Show to start using voice commands and streaming shows and Hulu movies.