The Jabra Talk 25 wireless headset is about as reliable as it gets, but even still you can have occasional problems, and it can be difficult to figure out how to get things back to normal functionality.
If this has happened to you, and you’ve tried everything you can think of and still can’t figure out how to solve the problem (or even what the problem actually is), you might want to factory reset your Jabra 25 – a quick and easy process that can solve a lot of problems you may be experiencing.
In this article I will provide very simple but complete step-by-step instructions for how to factory reset your Jabra Talk 25 wireless headset.
First we’ll cover the basic steps for resetting a Talk 25 true wireless headset, then we’ll discuss some reasons why you might want to reset, and finally go over some basic Jabra Talk 25 troubleshooting steps in case you are still having problems.
How To Reset a Jabra Talk 25 Wireless Headset: Step by Step Instructions
Just follow these 2 basic steps to successfully reset your Jabra Talk 25 Bluetooth wireless headset.
Turn your Jabra Talk 25 headset on. Slide the Power switch – located on the side of the Talk 25’s stem, next to the earpiece – to the on position
Press both the Answer/End button – the surface area on the front of the stem just below the Jabra logo – and the Volume Up (+) Button – on the side of the stem, right next to the Answer/End Button – and hold them both down for 6 seconds. Your Talk 25 will shut down, indicating the reset was successful
You will now need to re-connect your Jabra headset to your phone, tablet, PC or other Bluetooth device, and it is a very good idea to delete/forget your Talk 25 on the Bluetooth screen of that device before you re-pair them.
Why Reset a Jabra Wireless Headset?
Resetting a Jabra Talk 25 Bluetooth wireless headset can solve a lot of problems you might be having, and so it is recommended to reset yours if:
- You can’t get it to connect to your PC, phone, tablet or other device. You may also want to check out our guide on How To Pair Jabra Headphones
- Your headset will pair with your device, but you keep losing the connection
- You are having problems charging your headset, or even powering it on
- There are problems with sound – stuttering, delays (like between sound and video), gaps or stoppages, any distortion or strange sounds, or no sound at all
A reset is highly recommended if you are having recurring problems that you can’t quite figure out how to fix, especially since it is so quick and easy to do.
Basic Troubleshooting of the Jabra Talk 25 Headset
If the factory reset of your Jabra Talk 25 headset seems to have worked, and you’re still having the same problems with power and/or charging, with connection or with sound, you might want to do a little basic troubleshooting.
- Make sure your headset and device are turned on and sufficiently charged
- Make sure the device’s Bluetooth is turned on, and that it is not locked or in Flight mode
- Remember that your Talk 25 headset and your device have to be in range of each other – this can be several hundred feet, but physical obstructions and interference can significantly reduce the range
- Make sure you are actually playing something – a phone call, music, a movie, an audiobook or any other audio
- Check the volume controls on your headset, your device and any apps you are using, making sure they are all turned up at least a bit
- Make sure your Jabra Talk 25 headset is not actively paired to another device, or your device is not actively paired to other headset, speakers or anything else
- Try un-pairing and then re-pairing your headset and device
- Restart your PC or phone
- If all else fails, including the Jabra 25 factory reset, you may need to contact the Jabra Online Support Page
And finally, if you’ve arrived at this article, but you actually have a different Jabra Bluetooth wireless headset or headphones – that is, not Talk 25, but a different model – you can go to our more general article: How To Reset a Jabra headset.