Sonos is a wireless smart speaker system that lets you connect up to 32 devices and fill your home with music. The Sonos Roam is the company’s second portable Bluetooth speaker. Unlike the first, the Sonos Move, it doesn’t have a switch to switch from Wi-Fi to Bluetooth. Instead, there is one button next to the USB Type-C power port that controls both how much power the speaker gets and how it connects to other devices.
When you go in and out of your house, the speaker automatically switches between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. However, if you’re not sure how to put it into Bluetooth pairing mode and connect it to your phone, Here’s how to set it up by using the Sonos Controller app on your phone.
You may also like: How To Use Airplay 2 With Sonos?
Setup instructions for your Sonos speaker
Depending on whether this is your first time using Sonos or if you already have an account, the way you set up a new speaker will be a little different. Here’s how to set up a new Sonos system
Put your Sonos One where you want it and connect it to a power source.
Step 2: Launch the Sonos app and select “Set up a new system.” You’ll be asked to either sign in to your Sonos account or create a new Sonos account.
Step 3: After logging in, tap “Add” on the pop-up window that shows your Sonos One.
Step 4: Complete the Sonos One setup by following the on-screen instructions.
Note: During the setup process, you will be asked if you want to use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to control the device with your voice.
How to connect a Sonos One to a system you already have.
If you already have a Sonos system, adding a Sonos One doesn’t require any new downloads and only requires you to tap a few things on your phone.
- Put your Sonos One where you want it and connect it to a power source.
- Open the Sonos app on your iOS or Android device.
- Select “System” from the Settings tab, and then tap “Add Product.”
You may also like: Can I Connect Sonos Roam with Bluetooth?
How to get the Sonos Roam to pair with Bluetooth
Setting up your Sonos Roam to work with your phone is pretty easy, just like setting it up to work with your Sonos system in general. To put your Sonos Roam into pairing mode, do the following:
- Go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Press the power button to turn on the Sonos Roam.
- When the Sonos logo is upright, a white LED light will start to flash above it.
- Press and hold the power button again when you see a solid white light.
- Wait for the beep, then let go of the power button.
- When it’s in Bluetooth pairing mode, the LED light will flash blue.
- Choose Sonos Roam from your phone’s Bluetooth settings menu.
The Sonos Roam will then show up in your phone’s list of Bluetooth devices, and it will switch between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on its own.