Understand the system
- If you desire to know what is the troubleshoot speaker problem, you should better know how all work. You must know the basic level of the speaker.
- The signal which is producing inside your computer will be thrown to the port of the speaker of your computer.
- Plug your speaker into the port, and sound constantly down the wire to the small amplifier made into the speakers. This is same as the stereo is wired, very smaller!
- The output of the amplifier is wired to the speakers.
- The power comes from the wall allows the amplifier to boost small signal coming from the computer. This is very strong to twist the magnet of the speakers. The Vibrating the speaker cone trembles the air that shakes your eardrums.
- Any breakage of this tiny chain of the event can postpone all the vibration from happening. If there is no vibration it is silence.
Headphones Work, Speakers Don’t
You know well, this isn’t a computer. By keeping some knowledge in your head, you may notice troubleshooting speaker’s problems.
At first, be confirm that the speakers are well plugged in.
Yes, the dog can knock the cable out at the time of chasing the cat. Or the missing gerbil of your daughter chewed by the speaker wire.
- Closely observe the power cable. If you use a wall wart for the speaker, you have to notice it. It may be cold or warm. When you get it is cool or at room temperature, you can think it has stopped working. This is a very usual scene for wall warts. Replacement of this isn’t a difficult work. Take your Radio Shack along with power cable and adapter. They will help you to experiment it and advised a substitute, warts as well as all.
- Closely see the connectivity of the speaker port of the computers. The connection is made with slim wires add with little plugs. These small hummers are bound to wear and tear. Notice closely the joint around of the wires and the plug. See if it is torn or split. If you notice silver or copper, it is sure that you are in a problem. This is a simple fix. Remove the outdated plug and have a matching one from Radio Shack and solder. You can move forward with a new plug.
It still doesn’t work?
At first, you must get a perfect link from your computer to the one end. You need to verify that the power getting the speaker to the other end.
The final point to consider is the speakers themselves. You can’t damage speakers sealed inside the plastic cases. Therefore it is better to consider the final 2 points:
- If possible, open the speaker up, be confirm the wire leads coming from the amp. They are wired behind the speakers. Besides, they may take a stumble, the wires come loose.
- Examine all the wires within the speaker. Does it seem all are secured? If it has solder joints, are they smooth and shiny or pebbly or dull? If you get it is pebbly and dull, you must select ‘a cold solder’ joint that fails to conduct electricity perfectly.
- When you sell are all well, nothing to lose, then you need to move on one basis: the amplifier added to the speaker. If you get that is toast, you may repair it. But it would cost more. So it is better to get double of speakers.
How to Test Your Pc Speakers
When your PC speaker abruptly goes on a mute position, you can use a tool to troubleshoot the problem.
There is an internal speaker with your PC. The sound of this speaker is very fragile and weak. Sometimes the sound coming from this speaker is little audible.
You can use an external speaker to get more sound or volume. There is an alternative for you.
You can use a headphone which helps you more instead of external speakers. It is useful if your PC is a laptop or a netbook which you can carry anywhere you like.
What is the easiest way to ensure the noise is really coming from the speakers or not?
You may add volume control to the notification area. Press the volume control icon. You can hear an audible beep as soon as you click the control.
Right-click on the volume icon in the notification area.
From the pop-up menu, select playback devices. Then sound dialog box would be visible. Lastly, listen to the gizmos of your PC which makes a sound.
- Choose a playback option like the speakers of your PC
- Press the configure button
- You will see the speaker dialogue box
- Press the test button
You may hear tones from the left speaker after that from the right speaker. When the right speaker plays first, you must reserve, swap them.
You can work with the speaker set up a dialog box if you like more configuration of the speakers of the computers.
Shut off different dialog boxes, you overcome the test.
If you can’t hear a sound, there is a problem.
- Surely you have the opportunity to touch the volume control to adjust the PC’s speaker volume.
- Click the mute button on the volume control to mute the speakers of the windows. For Window XP, detect a check mark with the help of mute option.
- Headphone doesn’t show up in the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Sound dialogue box as long as you use USB headphone.
- The sound hardware of your PC has its own icon to the control panel. You can test the audio system of your speaker by this icon.