Privacy & Cookies Policy
Speakergy.com, (further referred to as “Speakergy”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) provides members online services through its mobile and website platform.
For the purpose of the Swiss Federal Act of 19 June 1992 on Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the controller of the data file is Speakergy.
We value your trust and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you are accessing our website and any application for mobile devices.
By disclosing your personal information to us by using Speakergy, or communicating with us, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your personal information as stated in this policy.
Data Collection and Use
When you register on our site, purchase a product, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form, you may be asked to provide your name, e-mail address, and/or credit card information.
By placing an order with us, you consent to us gathering certain information about you, in order to process your order. This may include:
- your full name and email address (for the purpose of the order delivery and updates)
- your full name, name, username and email address (for the purpose of identifying you as an online forum member)
- your IP address (this is securely collected by our payment system so that we can validate your payment information and prevent fraudulent orders)
- transactional information based on your activities on Speakergy
payment information collected from you including without limitation credit and debit card numbers, financial institutions and credit card expiry dates (all data stored with our 3rd-party payments processor)
- information from your interaction with Speakergy, purchase of products or services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, location, geo-location information, demographic information, computer and connection information,
- statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
any other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us at any time
If you do not provide your e-mail address, it may not be possible for you to receive your order or communications and updates about it.
The order will be added to your purchase history, which we also retain, in order to be able to help with inquiries and see which customers have ordered in the past.
If you sign up to our email list via our website, we may use this information to process your order (if you’ve processed an order), to contact you about an order, or to send you new courses, special offers, and other updates.
You may opt-out of these communications at any time, by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email or by contacting us. If you would like to change your e-mail address, you can contact us.
You may request for us to delete your customer information at any time, by contacting us. We will carry out this request within 30 calendar days.
Speakergy does NOT sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to other companies, except for trusted companies that help us operate our website and process payments, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to manage and administer Speakergy, including but not limited to the online products and services management and user experience
- to assist in and administer the use of our products and/or services
- to send you newsletters and other relevant and targeted communications
- to deal with inquiries, complaints, and feedback from you
- to provide third parties with statistical anonymized information about our users (e.g. Google Analytics, YouTube, LibSyn)
- to investigate any suspected breaches of our Terms and Conditions or the breach of any other policies and rules applicable to you
Non-personally identifiable visitor information (anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, clicks, etc.) may be provided to other parties for marketing and advertising use.
Personal Information Protection
We use Mailerlite – a secure, 3rd-party email provider to store and manage email subscription information.
All credit card information is transmitted through a secure (SSL) connection and processed with a safe 3rd-party payment processor such as Stripe, PayPal, and others. We do not keep any payment information on our servers.
Your information will be protected behind our hosting provider’s firewall and other security arrangements on the third party sites.
As with any website or transmission over the Internet and electronic storage, there is no absolute guarantee of 100 % security. If you feel this not sufficient, then please do not provide any personal information – or let us know and we will delete your information securely.
Your Rights & Consent
By registering on our site, purchasing a product, subscribing to our newsletter, responding to a survey or filling out a form, you understand that you are providing this information to us voluntarily and there is a legitimate reason to retain this information for the period required to discharge those obligations mentioned above. Without the contact information, we will not be able to reply to you or deliver your purchase.
If you reside in the EU or Japan, you may request in writing copies of your personal information that we collect. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information held by us as soon as practicable after receiving a valid request in writing here. You might request corrections of any inaccurate, incomplete or outdated information as well as deletion of the personal information.
Personal Information Storage
Personal Information Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offense or suspected breach of our Terms and Conditions and/or the breach of other terms and conditions otherwise relating to you or otherwise required by law. We will co-operate with law enforcement agencies and will comply with any court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of (or personal information relating to) any user breaching our Terms and Conditions and/or the breach of other terms and conditions otherwise relating to such user or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
We will retain the Personal Data collected from the users (mainly transaction data) for a limited period of time of 10 years required by law, in accordance with Article 958f of the Swiss Code of Obligations.
Third-party links and Social Plugins
Our website may include links to other websites or products. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, so we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Monitor aggregate usage and web traffic coming to the website
- Remember your settings during and between visits (shopping cart)
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
- Remembering your shopping cart choice
- Determine if you have signed up for a mailing list
- Determine if you have read or responded to a mailing list email
- Determine if you have clicked on a link from a mailing list email
- Allowing you to add comments to our site (if enabled)
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third Party Functions:
- Facebook’s data use policy (we use Facebook for the comments and likes on the site)
- Google’s data and privacy use policy
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Media Cookies:
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on sites such as Facebook and Twitter, we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Facebook’s cookie use policy: http://www.facebook.com/help/cookies (we use Facebook for the comments and likes on the site)
Cookies are set by The privacy implications of this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies:
We use: Google data and privacy use policy: http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/policies/privacy/
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither we, advertisers nor our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn’t as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
Turning Cookies Off:
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Changes to our Privacy & Cookies Policy
This policy was last modified on 30th of November, 2020.