The Jabra Engage 65 wireless headset is about as reliable as it gets, but even still you can have occasional problems, and it can be difficult to figure out how to get things back to normal functionality.
If this has happened to you, and you’ve tried everything you can think of and still can’t figure out how to solve the problem (or even what the problem actually is), you might want to factory reset your Jabra 65 – a quick and easy process that can solve a lot of problems you may be experiencing.
In this article I will provide very simple but complete step-by-step instructions for how to factory reset your Jabra Engage 65 wireless headset.
First we’ll cover the basic steps for resetting an Engage 65 true wireless headset, then we’ll discuss some reasons why you might want to reset, and finally go over some basic Jabra Engage 65 troubleshooting steps in case you are still having problems.
How To Reset a Jabra Engage 65 Wireless Headset: Step by Step Instructions
Just follow these 2 basic steps to successfully reset your Jabra Engage 65 Bluetooth wireless headset.
Dock the 65 headset on the base
Press the Answer Call button and the End Call button at the same time, and hold both for 3 seconds
You will now need to re-connect your Jabra base to your phone, tablet, PC or other Bluetooth device, and it is a very good idea to delete/forget your Engage 65 on the Bluetooth screen of that device before you re-pair them. You may also have to re-enter some of your personalized settings, as these will all be forgotten.
Why Reset a Jabra Wireless Headset?
Resetting a Jabra Engage 65 Bluetooth wireless headset can solve a lot of problems you might be having, and so it is recommended to reset yours if:
- You can’t get it to connect to the Jabra Link Bluetooth adapter, or to your PC, phone, tablet or other device. You may also want to check out our guide on How To Pair Jabra Headphones
- Your headset will pair with your device or the Jabra Link adapter, but you keep losing the connection
- You are having problems charging your headset, or even powering it on
- There are problems with sound – stuttering, delays (like between sound and video), gaps or stoppages, any distortion or strange sounds, or no sound at all
A reset is highly recommended if you are having recurring problems that you can’t quite figure out how to fix, especially since it is so quick and easy to do.
Basic Troubleshooting of the Jabra Engage 65 Headset
If the factory reset of your Jabra Engage 65 headset seems to have worked, and you’re still having the same problems with power and/or charging, with connection or with sound, you might want to do a little basic troubleshooting.
- Make sure your headset and device are turned on and sufficiently charged
- Make sure the device’s Bluetooth is turned on, and that it is not locked or in Flight mode
- Remember that your Engage 65 headset and your device have to be in range of each other – this can be several hundred feet, but physical obstructions and interference can significantly reduce the range
- Make sure you are actually playing something – a phone call, music, a movie, an audiobook or any other audio
- Check the volume controls on your headset, your device and any apps you are using, making sure they are all turned up at least a bit
- Make sure your Jabra Engage 65 base is not actively paired to another device, or your device is not actively paired to other headset, speakers or anything else
- Try un-pairing and then re-pairing your base and device
- Restart your PC or phone
- If all else fails, including the Jabra 65 factory reset, you may need to contact the Jabra Online Support Page
And finally, if you’ve arrived at this article, but you actually have a different Jabra Bluetooth wireless headset or headphones – that is, not Engage 65, but a different model – you can go to our more general article: How To Reset Jabra headphones.