Finding the TV remote to switch on the television and tuning in for one’s favorite show is the biggest hurdle that most people face daily. But now, you don’t have to waste your precious time searching the television remote every time, as you can take the help of Alexa to turn on the TV.
- MEET ECHO DOT - Our most compact smart...
- RICH AND LOUD SOUND - Better speaker quality...
- ALEXA HELPS YOU DO MORE WITH PRIME - Listen...
- MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER - Alexa can set timers,...
- DESIGNED TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY – Built...
We know that the smart speaker from Amazon, the Alexa, is equipped with more than 70,000 commands, and it can carry out most tasks, from turning on the lights at home to adding things to the grocery list. And now it can also turn on the Television using the Fire Stick to make your lives more convenient and simpler. It can also browse between channels and pick a specific show as you sit on the couch and get ready for some relaxation.
Further reading: What Is Alexa And What Does Alexa Do?
Compatibility Between Alexa And Your Television
Alexa is the name of the computer program or the virtual assistant of Amazon that works through amazon’s products. You will able to control these products with your voice through this virtual assistant. A lot of streaming devices and televisions are compatible with Alexa and can respond to its voice commands. Through the Amazon fire stick, you can turn on and off the TV with your voice and control other aspects of your TV watching experience.
Controlling the television through Firestick is very simple and easy as you only have to plug in this smart device with the HDMI port on the television. This device is capable of handling a lot of Alexa’s commands. Let us get a glimpse of what this fire stick from Amazon is all about.
You may also like: Can you disable Alexa on Amazon Firestick
About The Fire TV Stick From Amazon
The Amazon Fire TV stick is the most powerful media streaming stick that can be launched easily and controlled with the help of Alexa. With this TV stick, it is possible to watch many favorite shows from Netflix, Youtube, SonyLIV, Sun NXT, etc. This firestick allows users to use their voice to sear and launch different TV shows across the apps and features preset buttons to quickly access the apps. It can also control power and volume on the TV and the soundbar, just with voice support.
The Fire TV stock is indeed a flash drive-shaped streaming device that plugs into the TV’s HDMI port. It is a tiny streaming media player that turns on the TV and streams thousands of channels based on the users’ voice commands. It is extremely easy to set up and use, and you only have to plug it into the TV and use the remote controls that come with the stick to complete the setup process. With the help of this stick, you can use your voice to search, play, pause, rewind, and forward content across different channels on television.
Setting Up The Amazon Fire TV Stick
The Amazon Fire TV stick is the most powerful media streaming plug-in device from Amazon and is also the cheapest option available for enhancing the screen to digital signage. It is available for $39.99 and serves as an affordable digital signage hardware solution for consumers. It is also fast and easy to set up and it plugs directly into the HDMI port of the television and through the HDMI extender for better reception of the Wi-Fi.
Before setting up the Fire TV stick, you will require the following things:
- A compatible TV that has an HD or UHD capability along with an HDMI port
- A wireless internet connection at home
- An Amazon account. A regular account is fine, and you won’t require a prime account
- 2 AAA batteries to power the Firestick remote.
You may also like: The Best Bluetooth Speakers For Your Amazon Fire Stick
The Step-By-Step Process Of Establishing And Connecting The Setup
- Plug the Adapter: Add power by plugging the adapter into the TV stick and plug the other end of it into a power outlet. Now make sure if the TV stick is turned on.
- Plug into the HDMI port: The next step is to plug the Fire TV stick directly into the HDMI port at the back of the television. You can also choose to use the HDMI extender if you don’t want it to get plugged directly into the device.
- Selecting the channel: Turn on the TV to the same channel that the fire stick is plugged into. Such as HDMI 1 or HDMI 3 port. Now you will see a screen loading with the Fire TV stick logo.
- Activating the TV remote: Power the remotes with the battery, and it will pair with the stick automatically. If the remote doesn’t pair, press and hold on to the home button for about 10 seconds so that the discover mode opens. Now you can initiate the pairing process.
- Connecting with the Wi-Fi Network: The instructions for connecting the TV stick to the Wi-Fi network will be available onscreen and you have to follow it to complete the connection process.
- Registering the device: You can also follow the on-screen instructions to register the Fire TV stick to the amazon account. You can use your computer or your mobile phone to visit the on-screen web address and enter the verification code when prompted to complete the registration process.
The Fire TV stick comes with an Alexa remote that helps users to perform voice commands to play, forward, and pause the television channels. Apart from this, it also helps with games and learning the weather forecasts. The common voice commands that Alexa responds to are, “Alexa play”, “Alexa Stop”, “Alexa fast forward 5 minutes” “Alexa, play next”, “Alexa, play next episode”, “Alexa shows my watch list” Etc.
Thus, Alexa cannot just turn on but perform several operations on the television through the Fire TV stick that can be bought from Amazon at an affordable cost. Now, you don’t have to search for your remote all the time but enjoy a seamless television watching experience with mere voice commands.