Do you have different Alexa devices placed in different rooms and plan to relocate one to another room? The process for moving Alexa from one to another is hassle-free. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps.
- MEET ECHO DOT - Our most compact smart...
- RICH AND LOUD SOUND - Better speaker quality...
- ALEXA HELPS YOU DO MORE WITH PRIME - Listen...
- MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER - Alexa can set timers,...
- DESIGNED TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY – Built...
The Steps To Move Alexa To Another Room
Step 1: Click on the device option
You will find a ‘device’ option on the bottom corner of the Alexa app landing screen. Click on it to move further.
Step 2: Check the groups
You will be directed to the different groups created between the apps. Go to the group you wish to alter.
Step 3: Move to the group
Click on the group icon you want to alter and make the changes in the group to move your Alexa device. You can regroup your Alexa device to move it to a different room.
How To Play Music On Multiple Alexa Devices?
Are you planning to play the same music in multiple rooms? Yes, it is possible with the help of a combination of many Alexa devices. To combine Alexa devices and start playing the same music, you need to follow the steps below.
- Assuming that you already have the Alexa app installed, open the app on your device
- Go to the devices option.
- You will see a ‘+‘ symbol. Click on it.
- Click on the ‘Combine Speakers‘ option.
- You need to select the ‘multi-room music‘ available on the screen.
- You will come across the in-app instructions to complete the setup.
- Once the setup is complete, you can go on to play the same music across multiple rooms at the same time.
The setup for Alexa multi-room speakers is simple and takes the above-mentioned quick steps to complete.
You may also like: How To Play Music On Multiple Echo Device
What Is Alexa’s Smart Group Feature?
Alexa smart group feature allows the user to command multiple devices from one single Alexa device. These groups can be categorized based on the different rooms they are used in.
What Is The Difference Between The Alexa Smart Group Feature And The Amazon Multi-Room Music Group?
If you are just getting started with the terms related to Alexa, you must be wondering what the difference between the Alexa smart group feature and the Amazon Multi-room music group is. They are terms used for different activities. The Smart HomeGroup allows you to add more devices to the Alexa system. You can segregate these devices based on the room in which they are in use.
Designating room names will help you have a clear understanding of what devices are used in the various rooms. Controlling the devices is also easy if you can control them just by calling the room’s name and giving your voice commands.
On the other hand, Amazon Multi-room music groups are just connectivity of multiple speakers that you can control with your voice commands as per your requirements. The two terms are very different from each other.
How To Rename Your Echo Devices?
Have you already given a name to your Amazon Echo, but now you wish to change it? If yes, you can follow the steps as below:
- Open the Alexa app that you already have installed. You can also go to alexa.amazon.com for the purpose.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, you will see the Devices button.
- On the top left, you will be able to find Echo and Alexa option.
- Click on the device you wish to rename
- Click on Edit name
- Add the new name and click on the done button to save it.
Your device name is changed.
You may also like: What Are The Best Alexa-compatible Devices?
How To Add Or Remove Devices From Different Groups?
It is straightforward and convenient to add or remove new devices to the Alexa system. The steps to add or remove a device from the Alexa system are as follows:
- Go to the Alexa app on your device.
- Click on the device option from the lower-right corner of the screen that says ‘Device‘.
- If the device is paired and is under a specific group click on the group where you wish to add or remove the device.
- Click on the ‘edit‘ option on the top right corner of the screen
- When the device list opens, please select the devices you wish to remove or add to the list.
- The on-screen instructions are self-explanatory and only take a couple of minutes to get it done.
- Make sure that your Alexa device is connected to the app in the first place.
It is pretty easy to remove and add new devices to the Amazon app and start using it in the most optimized way.
You might be wondering if it is possible to control each of the devices connected to one Amazon app individually. You would be glad to hear that it is. You can control each device connected to the Amazon app individually or even together as a group, as you might require.
Amazon has come up with many smart home devices and speakers, and each one of these devices has its benefit over the other. Each of the devices is priced individually, their shapes, dimensions, weights are features not copy-pasted from each of the other. The Amazon devices and the smart home gadgets from Amazon help people create a better living experience. Installing, connecting, and controlling them in the right way is essential for the smooth running of activities
Some of the best things the amazon Alexa can help you in doing are:
- You can ask about the weather conditions outside the enclosed space it is in.
- Play music at all times. Just with voice command, you can get the music started, either in one room or multiple rooms.
- Controlling the other smart gadgets is also a specification for Amazon apps that adds to the popularity of the brand.
- You could also generally talk to Alexa
It is pretty simple to move around the Alexa device from one room to another without much trouble, and the setup is also easy. You can try it yourself.