Bose has done an excellent job introducing SoundTouch, the wireless speakers that add elegance to your home entertainment system. But the audience is quite disappointed to find a mismatch between iPhone music and SoundTouch. Yes, it is not possible to directly stream iPhone music to SoundTouch. But there is very little that cannot be fixed in a digital world, and this one can be fixed too.
- SOUND PERFORMANCE: Fill any room with...
- BUILT-IN-ALEXA: Amazon Alexa and Google...
- CONNECTIVITY: Pair your device to this home...
- CONTROL: Easily control your home speaker...
- MAKE OR TAKE CALLS: With Alexa only, make or...
Can Soundtouch Really Play Apple Music?
The answer is a no which can be turned to a yes. All the iPhone music is DRM protected, letting them be played on Apple devices and not in any other. This is the reason why direct streaming of Apple Music to SoundTouch is difficult. The music files have to be made DRM-free to let them play on SoundTouch.
Here are a few ways to play iPhone music on SoundTouch.
Play iPhone music via AirPlay
Bose’s SoundTouch devices are all compatible with AirPlay making it a go-to solution to play music. This means that the AirPlay feature lets you play Apple Music on SoundTouch. To make this happen, open the Apple device and go to Settings > AirPlay. You can view all the devices connected to the home Wi-Fi network. Select the SoundTouch speaker you want to play music on. Now play music on your Apple device, and you can enjoy it coming out of the speaker.
One drawback of this method is that the latest version of Bose SoundTouch, the Series 3, does not support the AirPlay feature. However, if you own any of the previous version speakers like the Series 2, then this way of playing via AirPlay works absolutely fine.
Play iPhone music via Bluetooth
Connecting any device via Bluetooth is the most popular option that many love simply because of the ease of connecting and the fact that there are neither wires involved nor any complex procedure. The only prerequisite is that the connecting devices must be paired and the connection stable.
Here we try to pair the iPhone and the Bose SoundTouch speaker so that iPhone music can flow through the speaker. Firstly, download the SoundTouch app on your iPhone. Select Menu, which can be seen in the top left corner. Go to Settings > Speaker Settings and select SoundTouch system. In the system details screen, select ‘Bluetooth’ and tap ‘Pair.’ Once the pairing is done, play some music on the phone to see if it has been rightly connected to the SoundTouch.
Using An Audio Converter
As discussed, DRM protection is the obstacle that prevents you from playing iPhone music on the speaker. If you can successfully remove the DRM, then you are free to stream the music to the speaker. For this, you will need TunesKit DRM Audio Converter. This helps you remove DRM from iTunes audiobooks, Audible audiobooks, and Apple music. Upon removing DRM, you can convert the song files into any format you want.
Follow the steps given below:
- Download and install TunesKit DRM Audio Converter. You will see a ‘Music Note’ icon that converts the iPhone music to the one you choose when you open it. It is essential to check if the Apple music you want to convert can stream in iTunes.
- Open the ‘Format’ panel, which lets you select the output format of the music file. When you click the ‘Edit’ icon present near a particular audio file, the parameters of that file can be adjusted in the pop-up window. When you have done all the required changes, click on ‘OK’ to save the settings.
- There is a ‘Convert’ button at the bottom right. Click on it and wait for some time. Once the conversion is done, the converted files are saved in the history folder.
- Open the SoundTouch app on your iPhone. Click on the ‘Explore’ panel and then on ‘Add Music’. Now select ‘Music Library on Computer’ and choose ‘iTunes’ to name the library. When the library is imported into the SoundTouch app, it becomes visible in the source list. You can now play the music files directly from the library.
You may also like: How to connect Bose Soundlink Revolve to Alexa
Can Bose 500 use Apple music?
Boss 500 can use anything like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or AirPlay to stream any music you want to listen to. Be it Apple music or Amazon music, or any audio files from your phone, Bose Smart Speaker 500 can easily play it for you.
How do I play music from Amazon on Bose SoundTouch?
The Alexa app has something called skills that let you perform various tasks using your voice commands. Using Alexa skills, you can play Amazon music on Bose SoundTouch effortlessly. To do this, open the Alexa app and tap the ‘Enable skill’ button. This guides you to link the SoundTouch account and discover the speaker. Now, using any device that supports Alexa, like the Echo, you can play music on the SoundTouch by giving voice requests.
There is always a way to play your favorite music on the SoundTouch speaker, provided you have a little know-how. You can try any of the three methods to make it possible and see which one works best for you. While Bluetooth is easy to connect, it may not give you the best sound experience. AirPlay could be of help provided you have the right speaker. Audio conversion is also not a bad option as it will let you directly play from your music library. Go with the one that gives you the best music output and enables you to relax while the music is on.