Alexa is not limited to playing music, but many users associate this virtual assistant with a friend who can play music indefinitely. When you say ‘Alexa, play some music, the music that flows through your speakers takes you to a different world. Thankfully, there are several music services that Alexa can play songs from, including Spotify, Pandora, and many more.
- Meet Echo Dot - Our most compact smart speaker that fits perfectly into small spaces.
- Improved speaker quality - Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo...
- Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others.
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home...
- Voice control your smart home - Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices. Create routines...
Tidal is yet another music streaming service that has not yet spread its wings to many places as of now. But the fans of this service say that listening to Tidal’s music is all relaxing and gears you up after a stressful day. Let us know more about this unique music service.
Further reading: What Is Alexa And What Does Alexa Do?
What is Tidal?
Tidal is a global music streaming service for all the music lovers out there to have a unique experience while listening to songs. The service promises the finest quality of sound and a platform to choose from over 3,50,000 videos and 80 million songs.
Tidal has exclusive collaborations with the artist community, making way for greater enjoyment for the fans like never before. The ad-free service is a boon in a world where ads create distractions. With Tidal, you do not have to be always connected to the internet as you can also listen to music while offline. All you need is a HiFi or Tidal Premium subscription to enjoy the millions of songs available in the service.
Tidal is now available on Amazon’s Alexa-enabled devices, and the best thing is you can ask Alexa to play music on Tidal. You can create a Tidal account and use the Alexa app to enable the streaming service. From playlists, songs, albums, and artists to tracks are just a command away when you want to make Alexa play on Tidal. For playing personal playlists, you may have to wait for some more time till the feature is made available in the service.
Playing Tidal on Alexa
- Follow these steps to get started.
- Open the Alexa app and follow the steps to install Tidal
- Tap ‘Link your account’
- You will see a Tidal login window to log in with your user details.
Playing Tidal is a simple affair if you have the Alexa app.
- Open the Alexa app on your device
- Navigate to Settings > Music
- Press Link New Service > TIDAL
- Tap Enable to Use and link your TIDAL account
- Go back to Settings > Music and select TIDAL under Default Services
How To Play Tidal Overcoming The Regional Restrictions
The major drawback of Tidal is that it is presently available only in the US. So what about the users in other countries who want to listen to Tidal songs too? Luckily, there is a way around this issue. It is possible to download songs from Tidal and save them on your device, whether a tablet or a phone. Now it becomes easy to play these songs via Alexa irrespective of where you are located.
But restrictions by the Tidal music service do not allow you to download songs. You can use third-party tools to accomplish this task. Many tools let you download albums, playlists, and songs with common audio formats. In addition to the music, it also saves details of the songs like track number, artist, title, and the like.
You may also like: Best Wireless Speakers For You
In which countries are TIDAL available on Alexa?
Currently, TIDAL is available on Alexa in the United States only. To play music from TIDAL, you need to have a US account on Amazon.
How can I ask Alexa to play songs from TIDAL?
If you have made TIDAL your default music streaming service, you can just ask Alexa to play music. You can just say, ‘Alexa, play [song name]’, and Alexa will automatically play the song on TIDAL. But if TIDAL is not made the default, you will have to add ‘on TIDAL’ at the end of the command like this: ‘Alexa, play [song name] on TIDAL’. Instead of song name, you can ask for artist, album or playlist, whatever you want to listen to.
How can I request a song written by more than one artist?
Alexa will get confused if you say the name of multiple artists while requesting an album or song. It is sufficient to say the name of one of the artists to get the song.
How can I make TIDAL my default music service?
To make TIDAL the default service, open the Alexa app, go to the menu, and then Settings. Select music and then select Choose default music services.
How can I request music, albums, playlists, artists, tracks, genres, and moods to be played on TIDAL?
Here are different ways you can ask to play on TIDAL.
- Alexa, play music from/on TIDAL
- Alexa, play album [album name] from/on TIDAL
- Alexa, play playlist
- Alexa, play music by artist [artist name]from/on TIDAL
- Alexa, play [track name] by [artist name] from/on TIDAL
- Alexa, play [genre] music from/on TIDAL
- Alexa, play [mood name] music from/on TIDAL
What are moods and genres on TIDAL?
On TIDAL, you can request songs in specific genres or moods. For example, when you say, ‘Alexa, play party music on TIDAL’, Alexa will play some great music for your fun party. Some of the moods you can play: in relax, classics, party, workout, love, and focus. Some of the genres you can request are pop, country, hip-hop, indie rock, dance, classical, jazz, Latino, R&B, etc.
Playing Tidal on Alexa is super easy if you have an Amazon Alexa app and a Tidal account. Currently, the music streaming service can be accessed only in the US, but hopefully, it will be available elsewhere in the years to come. Open the world of soulful music with Tidal by your side.