Please see my companion articles:
Who is Shroud?
Shroud is a gamer’s gamer.
Widely considered one of the most talented gamers currently streaming, he has played professionally for Cloud9’s Counter-Strike: Global Offensive team, helping them take first place in ESL Pro League Season 4 (2016), and since then has left the world of professional team play to concentrate on full-time streaming.
As a streamer, he has been extremely successful.
He has streamed on the Twitch platform for well over 6,000 hours, has had over 350 million views and got more than 10.3M followers. In 2019 he left the Twitch platform and announced a new exclusive deal with Microsoft’s Mixer platform, following in the footsteps of his online rival Ninja.
Shroud, who was formerly known as mEclipse and whose real name is Michael Grzesiek, is known not just for his abilities, but for his love of gaming and streaming and for the wide variety of games he plays, including:
- Apex Legends
- Battalion 1944
- Call of Duty Black Ops 4: Blackout
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Escape from Tarkov
- Fortnite Battle Royale
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- Rainbow Six Siege
- World of Warcraft Classic
What Gaming Headphones does Shroud use in 2023?
- Detachable pro grade microphone featuring...
- Next gen 7.1 and object based surround sound...
- Soft memory foam ear-pads with your choice of...
- Built to last with a durable aluminum fork...
- Advanced PRO G 50 millimeter drivers deliver...
When you’re as good a gamer as Shroud is, not only do you perpetually have a target painted on your back, but on your head as well. Everybody wants to know what headset does Shroud use.
Shroud’s wireless gaming headset has long been the HyperX Cloud Flight, but since he moved to the Mixer community last year he has switched to a wired set, the Logitech G Pro X, also used by DrLupo and Myth. The Logitech are his current headphones of choice.
Both of these headsets are considered to be among the very best money can buy, and both have unbelievably high user ratings and enjoy almost unanimous praise among reviewers. They are both especially popular among professional players, streamers and walkthrough gamers.
The HyperX Cloud Flight wireless headset, which Shroud used until last year, is a true classic among gamers, and not just because of celebrity endorsement but because of its incredible detail, crystal-clear sound, immersive imaging, rugged construction, wearing comfort and styling. But why did Shroud switch to the Logitech G Pro X?
What Makes the Logitec G Pro X so great for Gaming?
Shroud’s current headphones, the Logitech G Pro X, are especially strong sellers, and their moderate price makes them popular with gamers at every level.
Pros and serious amateurs mention how the Pro X headphones offer clear, completely recognizable and reliable detail in even the most hectic environments, and perfect spatial placement and context.
And beginners repeatedly report how these headphones simply make them better players, and help them enjoy the game more.
The Logitech G Pro X headset has a specially optimized microphone and Blue Voice technology, which ensures that your commands and communications come through with absolute clarity, optimized sound and no interference.
Their DTS Headphone:X 2.0 offers the newest surround technology for headphones, giving you rock-solid positioning of any and all sound cues.
Especially striking with this next-gen iteration of 7.1 surround sound is the differentiation between near and distant sounds, allowing for best-ever pinpointing of the location of allies and enemies alike.
Deep bass response ensures that no sound cues are left out, and makes the gaming experience more believable and exciting.
Sound quality all throughout the audio range, from the lowest to the highest notes, is clear, clean and attractive, thanks in part to Logitech’s Pro-G 50mm drivers.
Extreme dynamic range also makes all sounds and sound cues audible and realistic, from a whisper or a distant footstep to a point-blank explosion.
The Logitech G Pro X headset is ruggedly built, using high quality steel and aluminum for high-stress parts, and yet they are light and comfortable.
This, in combination with their wonderful memory foam pads and the smooth, low distortion sound, let you easily wear the Pro X headphones for hours and hours with much less fatigue or discomfort.
Features and Specifications
- Blue Vo!ce Mic Technology
- DTS HEADPHONE:X 2.0 Surround Sound
- Memory Phone Pads
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 107 db
- Drivers: Pro-G 50 mm, with Neodymium magnets
Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Detailed sound for complete audio cues||No haptic feedback|
|Extremely precise imaging for more accurate positioning|
|Sound great with music too|
|Comfortable and non-fatiguing|
|Rugged and durable|
|Attractive premium look and feel|
What other Gaming Gear does Ninja use?
You may also be wondering what gaming keyboard Shroud uses, what gaming mouse Shroud uses, what gaming monitor Shroud uses or what Webcam Shroud uses, so I have included a list of some of his other gear here.
Shroud also currently uses:
- Made with and for Pro Gamers: Designed over...
- Lightspeed Wireless: With pro-grade USB...
- Hero 16K Sensor: Pro Wireless Logitech G...
- Ultra-lightweight Engineering: Innovative...
- Pro-engineered Design: Removable left and...
- Lightspeed: Wireless technology for...
- Romer G mechanical switches deliver quiet,...
- 6 programmable G keys put custom macro...
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth enabled device with...
- G613 delivers up to 18 months of gaming on 2...
- Lightning-fast 240 Hz refresh rate...
- 1ms response time (GTG) to eliminate ghosting...
- Exclusive color vibrancy and black equalizer...
- Removable Shield that helps players focus on...
- Multiple connectivity options Featuring...
What other Stereo Headphones are good for Gaming?
Here are some other superb sounding stereo headphones, at a variety of price levels, that will also fully support and enhance the gaming experience:
- AKG K92 Stereo Headphones
- Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphones
- Philips Fidelio X2HR Over-Ear Open-Air Headphones
- Sennheiser Professional Studio Headphones
When you consider just how well built, attractive and comfortable the Logitech G Pro X headphones are, the engineering and innovations they embody and the way they can improve pretty much anybody’s game, they are remarkably inexpensive, and may be the best value currently available among advanced gaming headsets.
Shroud headset may not make you as good as Shroud, but the Pro Xs will make you a better player.
And if you ever go against him, you’ll definitely hear him coming.
Well, maybe not – we are talking about Shroud after all…